Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So how did veeryone find it? If you did it.

Mine was a retake, I thought it was generally okay, but some questions hit me and thought well what more can i say and the little space they provide.
    What essay questions do u attempt. I went for Migration No. 10.
    Whereby they asked why the UK is only accepting certain people to the UK, then asking why UK people are moving to the Mediteranean Coast.

I thought the El nino questions was literally hard. I know nothing about El nino/La nina.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Mine was a retake too!

Thought it was alot better than the summer paper, I seemed to have a firm grasp of everything. Nothing really caught me by suprise so that's good!

I tried the global warming/El Nino question in section B! Went really well I think. I had focussed alot on them both so basically I got down loads of stuff. I also brought in quite a bit of the A2 terminology, we'll see if that helped!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Mine was my actual first exam! OMG i swear the questions could not have been worse...physical was awful =/ human was ok and i did the migration question as well which for me was the easiest question on the paper...i knew exactly what i was gonna write for that but then i ran out of time! sooo i reckon i'll be retaking...
    the 2 things that i knew least about: mitigation/adaptation and distribution of hazards came up...i was just thinking NOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    mine was the first time round
    it was awful
    i did the question 7 but ran out of time
    there's always june :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Retake, went beautifully! (Sorry )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattWT)
    Retake, went beautifully! (Sorry )
    :ditto:

Thought it went pretty well. Timed it so well - in the summer I timed it really badly and ran out of time. Also, the questions were much easier than in the summer, for example Rivers was so much easier, as was Population.

Anyone else do Coasts for Physical and Health for Human?

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree, the questions were easier than summer.

Now just have retake on Friday, coasts and rebranding.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree, the questions were easier than summer.

Now just have retake on Friday, coasts and rebranding.
    Fieldwork on friday. You prepared?

ReputationRep:
    All my notes are ready, already done all the past papers on it.. (2 weeks ago). I have forgotten it all now, but im sure it'll come straight back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch)
    :ditto:

Thought it went pretty well. Timed it so well - in the summer I timed it really badly and ran out of time. Also, the questions were much easier than in the summer, for example Rivers was so much easier, as was Population.

Anyone else do Coasts for Physical and Health for Human?
    i think thats the other edexcel geography exam were you geography A or B?

ReputationRep:
    My first real geography exam since year 9. I didn't take it at GCSE but decided to take it again at A level. I thought it went quite well. First questions were about distribution of tropical storms so I mentioned La Nina/El Nina, Intertropical Convergence zone, mid latitude depression tracks...etc

I wish there were questions about Californina since I revised that case study...but there wasn't...typical.

Section B I did question 7 and I think I answered it wrong.

For the global warming side I mentioned about the impacts on the Artic like how 40% of permafrost wil melt and release methane into the atmosphere adding to the enchanced greenhouse effect. less snow/ice means albedo process is slowed so more radiation is absorbed by oceans disrupting thermohaline circulation which leads to disruptions in El Nina/El Nina cycles. I think I answered wrong...

Ah well always a retake in the summer :P

ReputationRep:
    I found the CO2 levels question a bit hard, and the mitigation/adaption question. Funny thing i nevr read about Global groupings such as NIC's and OECD's but i managers to get the question right.
    I had that feeling that migration is gunna come up, so i studied it inside out, both rurarl-urban, counterurbanisation and country-country. Well theres always the exam on Friday which I'll have to get an A in that to average the grades out. It seems easy as you know to expect, on each topic a question of fieldwork and research 15 marks each, so yif you study model answers and mark schemes you should be able to gain 30 marks/70 easily. and now the rest look at various questions asked.

ReputationRep:
    All my notes are ready, already done all the past papers on it.. (2 weeks ago). I have forgotten it all now, but im sure it'll come straight back.
    For rebranding side, what do you think they will ask at the end?
    In Jan 09 it was about urban then May it went to rural. So now you have to study both in good depth whereby one will come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    i think thats the other edexcel geography exam were you geography A or B?
    Woops, just realised I'm doing AQA. Guess I should leave...

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone do?
    i don't quite know how but i got 120/120
    i thought i'd failed

ReputationRep:
    I got a C =/ im definitely retaking but my head of year or someone didnt tell us when the retake forms were in by or even told us there were any yet so it means everyone in my year retaking has to pay an extra £15 cuz were giving the form after the deadline O_O

ReputationRep:
    hi can anyone send me some case studies for global challenges-(globalisation and world at risk)? and help me with crowded coasts and re-branding? It's all so hard especially because I've lost my book with all my case studies in I just wanna know which ones are more important and easier to learn?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangepeel)
    hi can anyone send me some case studies for global challenges-(globalisation and world at risk)? and help me with crowded coasts and re-branding? It's all so hard especially because I've lost my book with all my case studies in I just wanna know which ones are more important and easier to learn?

thanks
    what ones did you do at school, most schools choose different case studies so it may not help if people told you about a different one to the one you would have learnt at school

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.