Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on having my hair permed loosely in the next few weeks. Does anyone know roughly how much it costs? I live in London, if this helps?

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Hair Care and Hair Styles.

Your best bet is probably to ring some salons up and ask for a quote.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jasmine,

The cost of a perm varies from salon to salon. Old fashioned salons will charge around £50 trendy salons you're looking at £185.

However, I will give you a big word of advice - don't go to trendy salons to have a perm. Perming is a technology which needs to be undertaken a lot for the person involved in doing it to be good at it and these types of salons just don't do enough of them to understand them well enough. Most of them absolutely hate doing perms and will try to talk you out of it.

By contrast old fashioned salons (with hood dryers) have a lot of older clients and know how to perm well. I personally do not like loose perms or body perms, they fall out of the hair too soon and compromise. You are better off having a tighter wind in piggy back and or spiral and setting your hair on heated rollers for a monthor so afterwards (before you wash and wear the perm). This will enable the perm to drop but it will stay in for a long time and stay looking good as it grows.

Ask around at some local high street salons and find the one that understands perming the best. The price should be much more reasonable than in a trendy salon and you'll get a better result.

Happy to give more advice if you need it.

Regards

Scott

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.