Turn on thread page Beta

is my size good? watch

I feel embarrassed asking about this but i'm wondering if my size/body type is attractive.

my measurements are 32-25-35.5
    thats means I am a pearshape.

I always wish I had more of an hourglass shape because that is considered most sexy , right?
    I guess my figure is like a taller shakira or a slimmer alicia keys or beyonce.

so I just want to know if a pear shaped body is generally considered unattractive...

ReputationRep:
    Most women are pear shaped.
    It's fine.

ReputationRep:
    you cant give that and not give height/

ReputationRep:
    It's better to be a pear than an apple;
    just working on making your bum your best feature,
    boys love bums.

ReputationRep:
    what the actual ****?

negged for asking for height? really?

lol

ReputationRep:
    It's actually apparently healthier to be a pear shape! Apparently the kind of fat you build up around your bum and thighs is good fat whereas stomach fat etc is bad fat

Anyway, it does all depend on your height really - obv if you were 4'8 that's not so great, but if you're average height, which I believe is about 5'4-6, there's nothing wrong with your measurements and I'm sure you're a very nice shape

(Original post by Adonis)
    you cant give that and not give height/
    I am 5ft 6

ReputationRep:
    Apart from not having a large bust, your waist and hip measurements are similar to Victoria's Secret models. You have a tiny waist, and good hips. I can't see how your body shape would be unattractive at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    It's actually apparently healthier to be a pear shape! Apparently the kind of fat you build up around your bum and thighs is good fat whereas stomach fat etc is bad fat

Anyway, it does all depend on your height really - obv if you were 4'8 that's not so great, but if you're average height, which I believe is about 5'4-6, there's nothing wrong with your measurements and I'm sure you're a very nice shape
    What ******** is that?

are you somehow forgetting bone structure?

a while ago I stupidly tried to gain weight thinking it would make me of an hourglass.. but it was a major fail, firstly becuase I have a fast metabolism and had to eat soo much to gain even 5 lbs, and secondly all the weight I did gain went straight to my lower half and thirdly i have a small frame that can't be changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    a while ago I stupidly tried to gain weight thinking it would make me of an hourglass.. but it was a major fail, firstly becuase I have a fast metabolism and had to eat soo much to gain even 5 lbs, and secondly all the weight I did gain went straight to my lower half and thirdly i have a small frame that can't be changed.

ye that was stupid.

you're fine x

go back to your former self

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    What ******** is that?

are you somehow forgetting bone structure?

Not at all, but with those measurements I'm guessing she isn't absolutely stick thin (which I think is a good thing) and will thus be carrying fat on her bum and thighs - I'm a size 6 (not sure of my exact measurements) and I know that I certainly carry fat in those areas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...aving_fat.html

(Original post by Charlski)
    Not at all, but with those measurements I'm guessing she isn't absolutely stick thin (which I think is a good thing) and will thus be carrying fat on her bum and thighs - I'm a size 6 (not sure of my exact measurements) and I know that I certainly carry fat in those areas.
    ]
    yeah my body is werid to describe, my bone structure is small.. small ribcage (hence the 32) etc. although I'm not exactly really flat chested- i'm a c cup.
    But yeah i'm a size 6 in tops and size 8 in trousers- all my weight is in thighs and butt.

thanks everyone for the replies.. it just seems like in the media and stuff- the most attractive bodytypes are hourglasses or those with small hips and big boobs.
    not matter what I try I can't gain weight on the top half.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a size 6 in tops and size 8 in trousers- all my weight is in thighs and butt.
    let's take this to PMs

ReputationRep:
    I wretched.

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    I wretched.
    what? why?

ReputationRep:
    what? why?
    I threw up a little in my mouth again from being reminded.

ReputationRep:
    Those are pretty much my exact measurements, and I look good.

Read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8451674.stm. Feel better?

ReputationRep:
    don't worry even the most fattest girls can take guys home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    don't worry even the most fattest girls can take guys home...
    Size 6 is fat?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.