The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As long as u have done an art and design course at GCSE you should be fine but if you havent its best to ask someone just to make sure you'll be accepted on the course :smile:...x
Reply 2
I am pretty sure you could, as long as you know the basics... again probably best you ask and find out, but i know my school you can do D&T at a level without having done it at A-Level
Reply 3
my sister takes textiles A level and she took art & design for gcse. As long as you have an arty subject you should be fine
I haven't done an arty subject for GCSE?! is this a problem?
My friend does Art A-level and didn't do any arty subject for GCSE. It depends on your school! Maybe bring in something that you've made to show you can cope with it?
yes! there's a girl in my year who took food tech at GCSE, and no other arty subjects, and now she takes Textiles at AS level and is predicted an A! as long as you are willing to maybe put in a bit extra work and you know the basics, you should be fine!
Reply 7
flywithemma
yes! there's a girl in my year who took food tech at GCSE, and no other arty subjects, and now she takes Textiles at AS level and is predicted an A! as long as you are willing to maybe put in a bit extra work and you know the basics, you should be fine!

Agreed :yep:
You'd have to take an Art and Design GCSE and Textiles is not specifically required:smile:
Reply 9
Yes! My friend in my textiles class didnt do it for GCSE and is now doing it for A level. And she didnt do any other similar subjects. She did RE, ICT, Business BTEC, Geography and German! You can definiately do it, but its mainly up to the school to decide whether they think you are capable because they wern'y really happy for her to do it, but she fought to make them let her do it! :smile:

Latest