Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are new good games for...ahem, 18 yr old girls on DS !? *blushes*

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Proffesor Layton, New Super Mario Brothers. I'd say most DS games are quite gender neutral rather than being male oriented.

ReputationRep:
    oo cooking mama! i love them ahaha and the charm girl series ahah =$ I dont know if they are new though, i just play them on my sisters sometimes loolol

ReputationRep:
    Most games are pretty androgynous tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is a 'girl game'? If you want a sexist answer then get something about cooking or raising babies/horses/puppies.

ReputationRep:
    DS games are mostly for both genders. I like Brain Academy, Zelda, Pokemon and Proffesor Layton. I heard Animal Crossing is good, and my friend likes Cooking Mama and that game with the lawyer and that game where you work in a hospital... but I think they look crap.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with the other posters. Play anything that interests you! :gah:

Ace Attorney :love:

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Yeah I heard Animal crossing was good!! & all those sound interesting.... I only jus got my DS so I don't really know what I'm doing yet!!

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon (I have a the red gameboy advance game because the new stuff isn't as good! Retro pokemon ftw) and Super Mario and Brain Training are my favourites =]

ReputationRep:
    barbie/bratz :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    If you like puzzles, go for picross so addictive!
    If you like card and board games or playing multiplayer go for 42 all time card games and classics, keeps you occupied for hours!
    Tetris ofc.
    Trauma center and Project rub are good, but they get harder!
    Mario Kart obv.
    Um, I think thats all my games!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, depends what you mean by "Girl" games. Mario is the shizz and thats pretty neutral. Unless you want the uber girly games like they Imagine ones. They're a bit too girly though imo.

ReputationRep:
    Unintentional self-discrimination ftw!

ReputationRep:
    erm.. any that a boy can play?

ReputationRep:
    ANIMAL CROSSING
    if you like some casual gaming, it becomes a chore after a while if you want to achieve one of the main goals (paying the mortgage and getting a bigger and bigger house)

SUPER PRINCESS PEACH
    a girly version of super mario but she has 'emotional powers' haha talk about 'time of the month'! lol it's a actually quite a good game though.

ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS
    although some parts can get a little repititive it is actually a very good game, boss scenes are brill!

PROFESSOR LAYTON
    I've finished the first one and its very good (there was a certain puzzle I was really stuck on forever near the end of the game so I resorted to cheating for that one)
    I've just got the new one and its also just as good.

COOKING MAMA 2
    cool game for short bursts of gaming time.

MARIO KART
    its awsum, nuff said

HARVEST MOON
    I've not played any of these on the DS but they are supposably pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    animal crossing is rubbish! tbh i have a ds and have rarely played it, the games just aren't that great and get boring quickly, ive struggled to find any i like
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Zelda and Professor Layton :yep:
    Although there aren't any 'girl games' really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Wtf is a 'girl game'? If you want a sexist answer then get something about cooking or raising babies/horses/puppies.
    Oh, shut up. Pfft, sexist . . . it has been well documented that males and females generally have different tastes in entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    ugh. I really hate the idea that there are 'girl games' . boo. It's such a generalisation. and it annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)

HARVEST MOON
    I've not played any of these on the DS but they are supposably pretty good.
    go for rune factory instead obviously

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.