Futurama should not have been cancelled! Watch

This discussion is closed.
EvilCheesecake
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Does anyone know anything about the future of Futurama? Has it -actually- been cancelled?! The cretins!
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nobody can be bothered to watch it. It is good though.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Simpsons is much better.
EvilCheesecake
(Original post by happysunshine)
You can't compare the two. Futurama is funny in a different way.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What is futurama cancelled?
Fry
Report 14 years ago
The simpsons SUCKS in comparason, watch all of futurama and youll agree. Anyway it is cancelled at season 4 due to poor ratings because of its time slot- the simpsons is on series 15 and getting stupider and stupider. Buy the dvds and it might return like family guy.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by EvilCheesecake)
You can't compare the two. Futurama is funny in a different way.
True. I haven't really watched it - the characters just looked kind of boring. Am I correct in thinking that the makers of The Simpsons created Futurama?
EvilCheesecake
True. I haven't really watched it - the characters just looked kind of boring. Am I correct in thinking that the makers of The Simpsons created Futurama?
Yes, Futurama is another brilliant creation ofr Matt Groening.
Fry
Report 14 years ago
No some of the same people were involved but it was a different (and much smarter) team that created futurama.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
FOX aired Futurama at absurd times on their network in the US, and so when (surprisingly) they didn't get decent viewing figures they took the decision to cancel it.

And just because I'm really cool: http://www.petitiononline.com/safu/petition.html
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fry)
The simpsons SUCKS in comparason, watch all of futurama and youll agree. Anyway it is cancelled at season 4 due to poor ratings because of its time slot- the simpsons is on series 15 and getting stupider and stupider. Buy the dvds and it might return like family guy.
I do agree, I never watch any of the new 'Simpsons because I don't think they are as good as the early series - true classics.
EvilCheesecake
(Original post by 2776)
What is futurama cancelled?
Yes, the last episode was where Fry got the Robot Devil's hands. Oh, how we all laughed.
Fry
Report 14 years ago
I do agree, I never watch any of the new 'Simpsons because I don't think they are as good as the early series - true classics.
The first few were ok but the plot wasnt anything special.
EvilCheesecake
(Original post by Alec)
FOX aired Futurama at absurd times on their network in the US, and so when (surprisingly) they didn't get decent viewing figures they took the decision to cancel it.

And just because I'm really cool: http://www.petitiononline.com/safu/petition.html
You, sir, are the Don.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The standard of Simpsons episodes is diminishing in my opinion.
Fry
Report 14 years ago
Yes, the last episode was where Fry got the Robot Devil's hands. Oh, how we all laughed.
That wasnt intended to be the last episode, fox aired them all out of order. Season 5 was aired but these were actually season 4 eps fox didnt air.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
The standard of Simpsons episodes is diminishing in my opinion.
The newer ones are quite terrible, compared to the old episodes. I think that they're running out of ideas.
EvilCheesecake
(Original post by Fry)
That wasnt intended to be the last episode, fox aired them all out of order. Season 5 was aired but these were actually season 4 eps fox didnt air.
Really? Now I have to go listen to the commentary on the DVDs.
EvilCheesecake
Really? Now I have to go listen to the commentary on the DVDs.
Right. So. What -was- the last episode?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fry)
WHAT
I think a lot of series 5 were a tad bit lame on futurama, but the first 3/4 series were awesome, far better than simpsons.
I do however think that family guy is by far the funniest cartoon i have ever seen, but it was cancelled in the US because its way to subtle and clever for the audience there.
HOWEVER, what do you mean return like family guy?!? Is family guy set to return!?!?!?!?!
J
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads