Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its for 2008, but it is still interesting.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 1575.pdf (273.3 KB, 953 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awm55)
    Its for 2008, but it is still interesting.
    Very useful, repped.

Do you happen to have found anything with Equity Research salaries? Would be very useful for me to see.

ReputationRep:
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    I found this on the Wilmott forums...check there.

ReputationRep:
    bump

can't believe this has gotten so little attention

ReputationRep:
    Well people who are interested in these roles are already well informed about the pay levels if they have done their research....

ReputationRep:
    so basically uk pays the worst after adjusting for taxes (that 50% income tax)

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    so basically uk pays the worst after adjusting for taxes (that 50% income tax)
    50% only applies to everything over 150 though. Top federal rate in US is 39% and then you have NYC State taxes to factor in as well. There's still a gap though of a few % points in total tax take.

ReputationRep:
    "The UK government's decision to raise the top rate of income tax will leave residents earning more than 1 million pounds ($1.6 million) a year worse off than they would be in any of the world's other major financial centers" (Bloomberg) http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aUqrw1WTZtNk

have fun:P
    (once the 50% is implemented this April)

ReputationRep:
    It will be a long time before any of us are on 1 million. And more to the point, if popular albeit flaky movies are anything to go by, we won't be here by 2012.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    It will be a long time before any of us are on 1 million. And more to the point, if popular albeit flaky movies are anything to go by, we won't be here by 2012.
    Well I was being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    fantastic post - thanks

ReputationRep:
    it's not actually that factual, and very vague.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i also doubt the credibility of this thing. firstly it has no proper detail in terms of desks (only a few), products (only a few), banks (only 2 tiers) but more importantly, some of the stuff implied in it seems ridiculous. so in both tier 1 and tier 2, commodity deriv sales people (at every level, from associate to MD) earn more than commoditiy derivs traders? pull the other one! this pdf is going straight to my recycle bin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roussell)
    it's not actually that factual, and very vague.
    How far wide of the mark would you say it was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostrider88)
    yeah i also doubt the credibility of this thing. firstly it has no proper detail in terms of desks (only a few), products (only a few), banks (only 2 tiers) but more importantly, some of the stuff implied in it seems ridiculous. so in both tier 1 and tier 2, commodity deriv sales people (at every level, from associate to MD) earn more than commoditiy derivs traders? pull the other one! this pdf is going straight to my recycle bin.
    It omits the top 15% of earners which might explain this given the skew of pay in trading.

ReputationRep:
    From my anecdotal knowledge of MD/ED pay packages in sales, it seems to be overestimating bonuses by something like 25%.

ReputationRep:
    Bump. Surprised this didn't get more response

ReputationRep:
    FO really takes off after 4+ years.

I didn't realise the pay variation between some areas of trading though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.