Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide whether this means 260 points from 3 A2 level subjects, or 260 points total from my two years at 6th form. My student advisor says that it means over the two years at 6th form, but it says 'must be obtained from 3 GCE A level'

HELP:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
    A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points

260 points must be obtained from a maximum of 3 GCE A Level qualifications or
    equivalent
    including

80 points from Scientific or Numerate subject/s - see on-line prospectus for
    details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibson01)
    I can't decide whether this means 260 points from 3 A2 level subjects, or 260 points total from my two years at 6th form. My student advisor says that it means over the two years at 6th form, but it says 'must be obtained from 3 GCE A level'

HELP:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
    A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points

260 points must be obtained from a maximum of 3 GCE A Level qualifications or
    equivalent
    including

80 points from Scientific or Numerate subject/s - see on-line prospectus for
    details
    Assuming you took 4 AS levels and 3 A2s, you could meet the offer with CCC at A2 (3x80 points = 240) and an E at AS (20 points). It seems a bit strange to put a limit on the number of A2s, but perhaps that's to prevent you from meeting the offer with CDDD. It seems to be just a complicated way of saying that you must have a minimum of CCC or equivalent (eg BCD) plus an AS

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Well i got a C (History) at AS which is 40 points. Plus, it accepts General Studies which i got a B in. So there's a total of 90 points at AS.

Just to clarify, is it stating if i therefore get 170 points at A2, i will be accepted? That doesn't sound very pressurising, which is always a good thing.

I've been predicted ABB; this is just an insurance choice in case i get declined at Newcastle University (Partners Scheme)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibson01)
    Thanks! Well i got a C (History) at AS which is 40 points. Plus, it accepts General Studies which i got a B in. So there's a total of 90 points at AS.

Just to clarify, is it stating if i therefore get 170 points at A2, i will be accepted? That doesn't sound very pressurising, which is always a good thing.

I've been predicted ABB; this is just an insurance choice in case i get declined at Newcastle University (Partners Scheme)
    Sounds like it - as long as 80 of them are in 'scientific or numerate' subjects - whatever that's supposed to mean

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.