Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my mock exams back yesterday, and in history I got a D >.<

Is there any way to revise source questions? because every exam they just baffle me so I end up spending too much time on them so then I fail the questions I actually can do aswell :/
    any tips/revision sites/advice?

oh and i'm on aqa if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    AS for general revision in History... do it with a friend/several friends. I started revising for my histroy mock the night before with one friend over MSN - we did two hours worth of speed revision and both came out with As.

Source questions... you need to know a little knowledge of the subject itself, but otherwise it's just analysis, really. When was it written? By who? How does this affect its reliability? Etc.

If that's the case then do the source questions last and do the ones you can do first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma363)

Is there any way to revise source questions? because every exam they just baffle me so I end up spending too much time on them so then I fail the questions I actually can do aswell :/

There's plenty of time to improve that D

For source questions, try and get a copy of the mark scheme (your teacher should have one if you can't find one on the website). I did a different exam board but I imagine they'll be looking for specific things with each question. For example, one will only be concerned about reliability, another with usefulness, some you'll have to focus on the attribution. If you know what the examiner wants with each question, you can tailor your answer accordingly.

Also, you should find out how much time to spend on each question- that's another thing your teacher should be able to tell you- which will help with your time management. Perhaps do the longest question first and work backwards?

The only thing you can do then is practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma363)

One thing we always learnt was comment, content, context. Give one statement at the start answering the question. Then briefly describe the source, and finally show that you have enough knowledge of the subject to explain why that source came about.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.