Turn on thread page Beta

how does everyone deal with exam nerves? watch

ReputationRep:
    I arrive 1-2 hours before the exam and sit in the library/study centre flipping through my textbook and notes. It's not really a massive cramming session just time for me to relax before and read over the areas that I'm unsure of. A friend usually comes over and joins me about 15 minutes before the exam looking all flustered, having not eaten breakfast and just rushed into college. Give yourself some time before the exam (not necessarily for revision) and you'll be fine.

I'm never nervous in an exam or during the weeks before it, but on the morning of the exam I just don't want to talk to anybody or do anything unrelated to the exam. If I catch a bit of news I'm scared that what I hear in the report will replace the theories of language development I had just revised! Stupid, I know.

ReputationRep:
    I get some hot chocolate and watch the Joy of Painting. Works a charm :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzurai)
    i think your right i was doing loads of past papers the night before:eek3: but it wasn't a problem in gcse's but its alevels so perhaps i've changed

thanks i think i found my source of stress!
    school was sing star (added bonus of keeping me calm throughout as i kept remembering how terrible we all were which made me laugh )

college id didnt revise at all, instead i stuck post it notes everywhere with everything i needed to know on them, just lil bits on each one and you take notice of them subconsiously i cant remember consiously reading them but i knew what they all said when it came to the exam as the bit of info was on the orage one under my tv and i even knew where id seen it so it certainly worked for me, did really well in my exam too

not sure if im just lucky or if it is to do with my no revision calm approach but i never really have and ive still always got really good marks?

being prepared is one thing but stressing over it all is just counter productive

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.