Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a second year student in London.

First year was pretty good; I met loads of new people, got a girlfriend, went to loads of interesting places, got drunk. Fun times were had.

Second year, and any vague sense of student freedom has evaporated. We've all moved out into houses, so we're now spread out across London, and people don't want to (make the effort to) go out anymore. If you ask them individually, they all say they want to make most of student life while they still have it, but none of them want to actually do it. Sure, going to clubs and getting stinking drunk is hardly the high life, but this is LONDON, there's loads that you can do, yet no-one can be asked.

My student life has fizzled out. I broke up with my girlfriend. I don't meet new people anymore, and I don't know how to. I am really fond of the social circle I'm in, but they know, and I know, that I'm not like them. My life is in a dreadful rut.

I'm not doing things I love, and I'm not meeting new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Interrobangor)
    I'm a second year student in London.

First year was pretty good; I met loads of new people, got a girlfriend, went to loads of interesting places, got drunk. Fun times were had.

Second year, and any vague sense of student freedom has evaporated. We've all moved out into houses, so we're now spread out across London, and people don't want to (make the effort to) go out anymore. If you ask them individually, they all say they want to make most of student life while they still have it, but none of them want to actually do it. Sure, going to clubs and getting stinking drunk is hardly the high life, but this is LONDON, there's loads that you can do, yet no-one can be asked.

My student life has fizzled out. I broke up with my girlfriend. I don't meet new people anymore, and I don't know how to. I am really fond of the social circle I'm in, but they know, and I know, that I'm not like them. My life is in a dreadful rut.

I'm not doing things I love, and I'm not meeting new people.

nostalgia, your getting caught up on it , I think it sounds like you are, im waiting to go to uni and basicly ive got to this point in my life , where most of the people i knew, are gone , and I think its easy in situations like this to think back and go , whoah those times were great.

Fact is time to move on, plenty more epic moments and adventures to be had!Even if at the moment things seem alot more quiet.

Sorry if this post rambled abit off the point.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.