The Student Room Group
Nationwide flex acct BUT you have to pay your salary into it now to be able to open an account.
Reply 2
My friends and I use the Caxton card when we go travelling. I've never been as far as China but wherever we do go the prepaid card works and with no fee at ATMs. We just had a brief background check on us done to see if we were who we said we were and then were approved. Quick and easy. Where abouts are you going in China?
Reply 3
Ana47
My friends and I use the Caxton card when we go travelling. I've never been as far as China but wherever we do go the prepaid card works and with no fee at ATMs. We just had a brief background check on us done to see if we were who we said we were and then were approved. Quick and easy. Where abouts are you going in China?

My friend and I have no real plan... :tongue:

How quick was it to be approved/receive the card for use? When should I apply for one if my trip is in mid june?
Reply 4
No plan sounds like a great plan! When I applied for my card, they were pretty efficient at processing it and I had it soon after. I'd probably apply to it soon though if you're leaving for China in June. (They'll ask for verification on your identity with a passport and utility statement but it was really easY)

I'm going on another holiday to Eastern Europe at the end of April and all I need to do now that I have it is top up my account in Sterling!

Let me know if you have any more enquiries :wink:
Reply 5
Ana47
No plan sounds like a great plan! When I applied for my card, they were pretty efficient at processing it and I had it soon after. I'd probably apply to it soon though if you're leaving for China in June. (They'll ask for verification on your identity with a passport and utility statement but it was really easY)

I'm going on another holiday to Eastern Europe at the end of April and all I need to do now that I have it is top up my account in Sterling!

Let me know if you have any more enquiries :wink:

I see :smile: Could you give me an approximate time in which my card would arrive if I was to apply for it on May 1st?

Also, i'm assuming I can treat it exactly the same as I would a debit card? In that I transfer money from my HSBC account to the Caxton.
Reply 6
You would see the card within a week or so after you apply and get approved for it. And yes, you set it up connected with your HSBC account and can top up from around the world also just by giving them a call or sending an email :smile:. Also, it's accepted wherever Mastercard is so it's pretty flexible. Good luck with the application, sooner the better!

Latest

Trending

Trending