Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well had M1 yesterday and it went disastourously. I did badly and got in the region of 59-67. So to give me some hope by telling your miracle stories that you answers didn't match with anyone and still came out with a very good mark.

ReputationRep:
    Don't check your answers with anyone is the best policy. For all you know you could have done exactly the same method and all be completely wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Oohh I have one...when i was in year 10 I had to sit a GCSE on hinduism at saturday school - my mum had forced me to go for so many years and i absolutly hated it =|
    anyone so year 10 was the GCSE year, and the whole year i kept getting Ds, Es and Us and everytime there was homework id just copy it off the girl next to me and just always chat to anyone who'd listen ( haha most people actually wanted to learn) and also we never got a text book, it was always typewritten notes from the teacher or whatever and i had lost most of them and then the teacher had my mum come in lots of times to tell her how im gona fail and that shes not going to enter me in to the exam becuase she doesnt want my grade to embarass her as a teacher or whatever and my mum was like nonono put her through so in the end she agreed lol.
    then the night before the exam i thought K im gonna revise now but i couldnt even find half my notes :| and in the morning i begged my mum to let me miss the exam because i was going to fail anyways but she made me go so i revised in the 10mins car journey from the few sheets i had left lol - at the end of the exam I absolutely just knew that I had failed lol

On results day i didnt even bother going to find out what i got but i head alot of people in my class who actually studied etc got Bs and Cs so i was like ahh man my grades gonna be so **** and then a few weeks later i was helping out a hindu festival but i had left to mcdz with my mate which was like a 45 min walk away and then my mum called me to say where are you come back theres a surprise for u so i was like okay =S so i went back and she was with my teacher(they had just met there=S) and apparantly I had an A* ahah i thout they were taking the piss lolllll was quiet funnny but yeah i did get it =D

wowow sorry for the long lecture ahah its just a story that I am proud of =)

EDIT: oh and also i was predicted all Ds and less for my real GCSES and every1 thought Id fail but I ended up getting no Dz, only 2 Cs and everything else higher =)
    Cant say the same for my AS grades though Im retaking them now =(

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.