Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just thought id start a thread for AQA Pure Core 4 on tuesday. After the hideous MPC 3 exam on friday this has got to be easier!

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's easier than the C3 exam. I like C4 it's just them damn vectors!

ReputationRep:
    I hope its easy - partial fractions are bugging me at the moment. C3 in january is always horrible I think though - looking at the past paper from last jan!

ReputationRep:
    Time to rape C4 hopefully I get this within the high 90% area so I get a better chance at the A* XD

Who's ready?? I'm only starting to learn the syllabus now lol

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY hate vectors but every thing else im ok with, but then i thought that about MPC 3 :eek3: lol

Whats all this talk about A*? I already have the AS and contacted AQA abut the A* who said it doesnt start until june this year??? Who knows any different?

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone get on? I thought it was ok actually! Could have been a lot worse!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a very good paper. BTW can any1 remeber what they got for the foot of the perpendicular question (find the co-ordinates of P)? i got lambda=6,

ReputationRep:
    yh i gt lambda = 6 bare people gt diferent ansers doe so u neva no until sumone posts sum ansas

ReputationRep:
    The paper was easy.. it's just that vector question where you had to find P. I got a decimal number so I've got that wrong

ReputationRep:
    yh the paper was gd... it made up for the C3 Paper they gave us.. but u no the vectors question did it not say we should find the co-orinates of q??.. i think i got lamda = 6.. ive gone blank..bu went in to find the co-ordinates of Q.
    what bout the parital fractions question did any one get 8/3 and some other fraction??..
    aww fingers cross i got a gd grade. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle_mishmash)
    yh the paper was gd... it made up for the C3 Paper they gave us.. but u no the vectors question did it not say we should find the co-orinates of q??.. i think i got lamda = 6.. ive gone blank..bu went in to find the co-ordinates of Q.
    what bout the parital fractions question did any one get 8/3 and some other fraction??..
    aww fingers cross i got a gd grade. :o:
    For the partial fractions it was A = -3 and B = 7

ReputationRep:
    ooo no! i got a fraction.... ;s.. i knew the paper was to good to be true......i probabli made loads of silly mistakes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle_mishmash)
    ooo no! i got a fraction.... ;s.. i knew the paper was to good to be true......i probabli made loads of silly mistakes..
    I always make stupid mistakes.

At least I remembered my +c when you had the integrate that expression after forgetting to on C3 :p:

ReputationRep:
    The equation of the tangent was goddam horrible.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got a bit of a wild answer i think, quite high coefficients? 33 and 80 or something?

ReputationRep:
    has any1 got the paper so we can discuss each other the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasim786)
    has any1 got the paper so we can discuss each other the questions
    That would be good! Or can anyone remember the parametric equation question?
    was it x = 4sin2t and y = 3cos2t ??

where t = theta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtbiyb)
    That would be good! Or can anyone remember the parametric equation question?
    was it x = 4sin2t and y = 3cos2t ??

where t = theta
    It was
    3 \sin 2x and
    4 \cos 2x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    It was
    3 \sin 2x and
    4 \cos 2x
    can you remember what your equation of tangent was? Did you have quite high coefficients?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtbiyb)
    can you remember what your equation of tangent was? Did you have quite high coefficients?
    it was something pretty stupid as sin2x = 24/25 and cos 2x = -7/25 or something similar to that. That made the gradient pretty nasty and then the points had nasty values to. It looked a mess in the end.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.