Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    it was something pretty stupid as sin2x = 24/25 and cos 2x = -7/25 or something similar to that. That made the gradient pretty nasty and then the points had nasty values to. It looked a mess in the end.
    Aye, but I graphed it on the calculator and apparently it was the right answer. Still I want to kick the guy who made that question-I spent over 15 minutes swearing and looking for any mistakes in the working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    it was something pretty stupid as sin2x = 24/25 and cos 2x = -7/25 or something similar to that. That made the gradient pretty nasty and then the points had nasty values to. It looked a mess in the end.
    That's what I got for the previous part.. the equation of the tangent did look pretty messy.

ReputationRep:
    I was so pleased that the vector question was easy, any indepth question would have had me struggling! Was an easy differential equation as well. Anyone got MM2B tommorro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtbiyb)
    I was so pleased that the vector question was easy, any indepth question would have had me struggling! Was an easy differential equation as well. Anyone got MM2B tommorro?
    Did you get the solution to be y^2 = 6sin(x/3) - 2 or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    That sounds very very familiar! but cant remember for sure :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$HI$H)
    I thought it was a very good paper. BTW can any1 remeber what they got for the foot of the perpendicular question (find the co-ordinates of P)? i got lambda=6,
    edit.

ReputationRep:
    wat do you mean by edit?

ReputationRep:
    eqn of the tangent... i got very hign numbers.. something like 77y + something x = 100....
    balls that up probably !! hopefully might get away with getting follow thru marks.

and the vector!! hmmm they game lamda=p then u sub that into the line equation.... and then do the dot product with the direction vector of D( perpendicular)
    and D was (20,-7 and somethin else) then i got p to be some big decimal man !! crap.)

ohh and the differentiating one ( 6 marks)
    y=1/y times cos x or soemthing what did people gt for the constant?
    x

ReputationRep:
    can someone please post their answers to the exam, would be much appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Oh eek lol, my C was -6sin(pi/4)!!! haha. Follow through marks FTW!!! :awesome: Oh well, it was my resit, aslong as I get damn 68 UMS i am happy! I got ******* 67 in my last C4 and was gutted because I was one mark off an A overall. So hopefully I've nailed it this time.

I left the perpendicular thing with the p, I had almost run out of time and I could do the exponential question quite easy so spent the time doing that at the end instead of the p question. But i got some damn funny answers for the partial fractions. I couldn't divide the numerator and denominator properly to make it a proper fraction so I was ****** from the beginning tbh. But I did all the method correct so I should have some method and follow through marks. And yes for the tangent I got high numbers too, like 77y or something stupid, I don't remember exactly now, but it was messy haha!

It doesn't seem like many have done it this time round, what will that do to the grade boundaries?? Make them higher or lower?

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone get on???
    i got 100!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtbiyb)
    how did everyone get on???
    i got 100!!!!

Me too pal!

100 five!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze_Rebel_Mole)
    Me too pal!

100 five!

I got same on MPC 3 which means more as it was ninja!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I need to fetch my results! They didn't tell me when or where to pick them up, stupid college.

And well done everyone! I hope I did well also!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 86 marks, im extremely happy as i dont have to sit this in the summer :d

ReputationRep:
    I got 88, was well chuffed - I've now got a grade A in maths overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$HI$H)
    I got 86 marks, im extremely happy as i dont have to sit this in the summer :d
    Me also

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a copy of this paper?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got this paper they could upload please? +rep

ReputationRep:
    I need this paper! +rep

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.