Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Men not allowed to sit next to children on BA flights - sensible or crazy? watch

• View Poll Results: Should men not be allowed to sit next to children on planes in case of sexual abuse?
    Yes - it's a sensible idea! I hear it's a big problem nowadays.
    3.82%
    No - it's completely stupid.
    96.18%

ReputationRep:
    Totally retarded :|

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe now I wont have to sit next to ******* annoying kids that scream their head off on the flights

ReputationRep:
    Yes because only blokes can be pedophiles.

******* retarded politically correct country.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god he's rich enough to sue them. People are ******* idiots, what a retarded policy.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a really sensible idea. I mean, every single male over 18 I know is a pedo, and their favourite places to pick up kids is on plane flights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    LOL

and did you read the comments left? 90% are very sexist, especially as you flick past the first few pages.

I genuinely can't believe how sweet and naive you are.

Sexism still exists, not the same extent as it used to, and I have no doubt it's getting better, but it still exists. You see it on TSR (ignoring the obvious trolls), you see it in the comments left on every newspaper article relating to gender, you hear it from men over the age of 40 quite frequently (yes they may be a different generation, but they're the generation we're gonna work for). My Dad and pretty much all my male family friends are professionals and they've made it quite clear that I have a struggle ahead of me if I want to make it in this world (they've all been very supportive mind). The guy I'm currently sleeping with is a businessman and he's said 'It's a **** world for women'.

Until the government makes it easy for women (or either parent) to be able to balance work with raising children, and the government changes the times schools run for, then women are not going to be on equal footing. Something which the article also touches on.

Oh, and when it comes down to it, all I have have said is that the sexism in this world towards women is a lot worse than deliberately sitting men away from children in order to make children feel more relaxed. NO ONE thinks all men are creepy nor do they think most men are, but I think it's fair to say most young children - particularly females - would be more comfortable around a female passenger. I fail to see how that can be an issue.
    You seem to be going about sexism if its a textbook thing and now I know you are really niave, you sound like one of those feminists who lift their hands up at anything remotely seen as sexist towards women and if something comes up against a man then its fair play since men had it good for so long, so many of your posts are "I heard this/saw this" and using it against men.

Today we have positive discrimination, even 15 years ago my parents worked for a place that kept hiring female staff even after loads of complaints and my dad took them to a court and won because he was the best candidate for the managers position when the old one was forced to leave as the feminist man hating assistant manager and other staff(yes they really were as they constantly talked about how men were inferior and shouldnt exist and women should run the world etc) then hired one of their friends for the job with little experience and who was disliked by the customers! and why is it that most shops hire women, why do most call centres prefer women?

Sexist works both ways as does the outdated rules of society, just because there is less women in hugely powered jobs doesnt mean they are discriminated against in the way you think, but it takes time for women to build their way up and women themselves make the barriers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    You seem to be going about sexism if its a textbook thing and now I know you are really niave, you sound like one of those feminists who lift their hands up at anything remotely seen as sexist towards women and if something comes up against a man then its fair play since men had it good for so long, so many of your posts are "I heard this/saw this" and using it against men.

Today we have positive discrimination, even 15 years ago my parents worked for a place that kept hiring female staff even after loads of complaints and my dad took them to a court and won because he was the best candidate for the managers position when the old one was forced to leave as the feminist man hating assistant manager and other staff(yes they really were as they constantly talked about how men were inferior and shouldnt exist and women should run the world etc) then hired one of their friends for the job with little experience and who was disliked by the customers! and why is it that most shops hire women, why do most call centres prefer women?

Sexist works both ways as does the outdated rules of society, just because there is less women in hugely powered jobs doesnt mean they are discriminated against in the way you think, but it takes time for women to build their way up and women themselves make the barriers.
    Erm, why can't I draw on things I've seen and heard? Are you not drawing on things you've seen and heard?

Positive discrimination is wrong, I agree with that.

I'm not arguing for keeping men away from children 'because they've had it good for so long'. I'm saying: If BA knows kids are more comfortable around females, why can't they deliberately arrange seating that way? Just as they probably keep old couples away from teenagers on a binge drinking holiday. It's a legitimate thing to do os long as no one suffers.

The reason sexism has been brought up is because of you and a few others trying to make out that sexism against males is worse than sexism against females, which is such a load of ****.

If you truly look at the world and see men having it more difficult than women, you are truly ****** in the head.

This is over: sexism against women exists and it's worse than the sexism against men. THIS DOES NOT JUSTIFY SEXISM AGAISNT MEN, I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT.

What it does justify is me mocking you when you try and make out the world is so so hard on you.

I'd advise you not to reply: I will not read it, I am unsubscribing to this thread, because there's nothing you can say to refute what I have said. No human who is not retarded could ever think sexism against males is a more prevalent problem than sexism against females.

(Original post by Bagration)
    did they just forget about myra hindley or something?
    why? Was she a British Airways Gold Member?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I'd advise you not to reply: I will not read it, I am unsubscribing to this thread, because there's nothing you can say to refute what I have said. No human who is not retarded could ever think sexism against males is a more prevalent problem than sexism against females.
    I know this was not directed at me, but in my entire time on this forum I don't think I have come across a more ridiculous individual. Well at least all the other posters on here including me are safe in the knowledge that you will no longer be reading this thread so some intelligent debate can actually insue. I have to admit though I did enjoy laughing at some of your 'arguments.'

ReputationRep:
    If it wern't for men all these "abused" little kids wouldn't even exist so maybe men should start abstaining on protest! I'm sure when the population starts to rapidly decline the government will soon forget their (deluded) perceptions of an astonishing new popularity of paedophilia amoung men...

ReputationRep:
    Well he does look a little like a pedophile :ahee: :ahee:

Seriously though, that is quite daft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Erm, why can't I draw on things I've seen and heard? Are you not drawing on things you've seen and heard?

Positive discrimination is wrong, I agree with that.

I'm not arguing for keeping men away from children 'because they've had it good for so long'. I'm saying: If BA knows kids are more comfortable around females, why can't they deliberately arrange seating that way? Just as they probably keep old couples away from teenagers on a binge drinking holiday. It's a legitimate thing to do os long as no one suffers.

The reason sexism has been brought up is because of you and a few others trying to make out that sexism against males is worse than sexism against females, which is such a load of ****.

If you truly look at the world and see men having it more difficult than women, you are truly ****** in the head.

This is over: sexism against women exists and it's worse than the sexism against men. THIS DOES NOT JUSTIFY SEXISM AGAISNT MEN, I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT.

What it does justify is me mocking you when you try and make out the world is so so hard on you.

well tbh you have feminazis fighting for your against every form discrimination, real or otherwise. mens rights is taken as a joke. Sexism exists for both just diifferent areas but feminazis seem to forget about the mens problems. This is a good example very few people have acually spoke about this but if it was the females being discrimated against there would be protests, boycotts and BA begging forgiveness

ReputationRep:
    O hai guyz I can has Feminism lolz!!1
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....cgi?u=feminazi

*flicks past stupid argument about Feminism and gets the thread back on topic*

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard, seriously. I love the way that some people have blamed the Daily Mail as well. Yes, it's the newspapers fault that an airline has decided to come up with a completely useless and disciminating policy. :rolleyes:

It's the sort of people who come up with these policies that make me realise the world might actually end in 2012 if they keep getting their own way. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Because, of course, no children are ever harmed by women.

Oh wait

ReputationRep:
    Sexism is the fail. Silly BA.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.