Turn on thread page Beta

Men not allowed to sit next to children on BA flights - sensible or crazy? watch

• View Poll Results: Should men not be allowed to sit next to children on planes in case of sexual abuse?
    Yes - it's a sensible idea! I hear it's a big problem nowadays.
    3.82%
    No - it's completely stupid.
    96.18%

ReputationRep:
    by branding all men as potential paedophiles there is already a massive problem

ReputationRep:
    i see no justification for this

its a shame that the uk actually thinks its acceptable to think of men as potential sex offenders

ReputationRep:
    The five people who voted 'yes': own up.

ReputationRep:
    The same people calling it retarded are the same ones who would be outraged at the BA for not doing more when a child gets sexually abused on a flight.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I can't believe this policy exists. Does anyone know what their official reason is? It might not be what we think.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by yahweh)
    :lolwut:
    From the former argument

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I wonder if the old monster Harriet Harman is going to wade in on mens behalf? Or is it as I suspected, she only cares about anyone who isn't white, straight and male.
    He your the racist guy Its funny how you are upset about this guy being branded as a pedo just for his gender but you would totally support it if it was an asian was treated like a terrorist or a black person profiled as a robber or drug dealer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad m05)
    He your the racist guy Its funny how you are upset about this guy being branded as a pedo just for his gender but you would totally support it if it was an asian was treated like a terrorist or a black person profiled as a robber or drug dealer
    argue the post, not the poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    they should ban men from sitting next to women, not children. I hate being chatted up everytime i fly by the guy next to me (they NEVER sit me beside women and i travel alone)
    Pretty arrogant to assume they are trying to chat you up, more likely they're just striking up innocent conversation. Get over yourself.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The problem is that in our society men are always under suspicion, especially of paedophilia. What the **** are we coming to when men have to be segregated from children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad m05)
    I'm sorry, but how am I racist? If men were touching children up on aeroplanes at all, not even on a regular basis, then I would agree with their policy. But to date I have not heard of any abuse on an aeroplane being carried out. I would support Muslims being searched a bit harder than everyone else at airports, just the same as I support them searching me for drugs harder because I am younger and therefore fit the profile of a drugs smuggler more than a pensioner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    they should ban men from sitting next to women, not children. I hate being chatted up everytime i fly by the guy next to me (they NEVER sit me beside women and i travel alone)
    Do you avoid men in general? If one asks you for the time, do you flee to the hills? If you drop something and a man picks it up, do you come over in a cold sweat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    argue the post, not the poster
    It was leading on to the argument about the post. Yes this sort of profiling is wrong and rediculous. But it seems to me that some people would support the treatment of other people like criminals just because they dont look like them

ReputationRep:
    What if the whole plane is booked all for children, and 1 man? WHAT THEN BA?! I'm going to hire 300 odd children and **** them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Too much like common sense? Why move the child when they could insult (by implication), embarrass and humiliate they guy?

This kind of pathetic action doesn't do anybody any favours!
    I thought as much

Silly people.

(Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    What if the whole plane is booked all for children, and 1 man? WHAT THEN BA?! I'm going to hire 300 odd children and **** them up.
    YEAH! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    Oh I loved Monkey Dust
    so did i:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    The same people calling it retarded are the same ones who would be outraged at the BA for not doing more when a child gets sexually abused on a flight.
    Rot.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people still use BA? this is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard...

ReputationRep:
    Good to know BA endorses presumption of guilt!

But seriously, it's a plane. You can't get much more public than that, what are they worried about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    Why do people still use BA? this is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard...
    I don't think your average BA customer would want to be sat next to a kid, particularly on long haul.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.