Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men not allowed to sit next to children on BA flights - sensible or crazy? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should men not be allowed to sit next to children on planes in case of sexual abuse?
    Yes - it's a sensible idea! I hear it's a big problem nowadays.
    3.82%
    No - it's completely stupid.
    96.18%

ReputationRep:
    Idiotic. I'd definately sue for damages - defamation of character/public humiliation etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    That is ******* ridiculous.
    Tbh I feel it's the other way round. I feel woman do tend to use more dirty tricks so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to Ameri.............oh god damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    I don't think your average BA customer would want to be sat next to a kid, particularly on long haul.
    Lol quite right. Kids are extremely annoying but this policy also remains extremely retarded :p:

ReputationRep:
    I noticed when voting on the poll that 7 people have voted saying that it's a good idea. Are they reading the same article as the rest of us? Retards

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid idea! Might as well segregate males and females and put all children in a separate area of the plane, because, you know, all men are paedophiles and rapists.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I always look for my victims on a ******* plane :facepalm:

This country is going down the ******* with all this political correctness ****.

ReputationRep:
    Totally ****** up man.

ReputationRep:
    This is crazy. If men were regularly carrying out sexual abuse on planes then of course it would make sense. Until then, by all means deliberately arrange seating so that men are not next to children, but don't ask someone to move once they already have their seat. Mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    This is crazy. If men were regularly carrying out sexual abuse on planes then of course it would make sense. Until then, by all means deliberately arrange seating so that men are not next to children, but don't ask someone to move once they already have their seat. Mental.
    What so, carry on making unjust asusmptions about men purely on the basis of their gender, but just don't make it too obvious?

Good job. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Times like these I wish I was a man

ReputationRep:
    its bloody stupid its PC gone far too far :-|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Sparkles)
    Apologies for source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1243625/Businessman-Mirko-Fischer-sues-British-Airwars-treating-men-like-perverts.html

A guy is suing British Airways because he was humiliated when he was forced to move seats away from his pregnant wife because there was a 12 year old child sitting on the other side of him.

(He's giving any compensation to the NSPCC by the way)

What do you think, is it a sensible idea, or completely retarded?

I vote for the second option - I wasn't aware that child rapes were a particular problem on board aeroplanes.
    And also because only men are paedophiles...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only guy who likes this rule?

I hate sitting next to children, they play and act retarded, and they're noisy. I would have asked to be moved.

ReputationRep:
    This is fair enough tbh, most paedos do their paedoing activities whilst in flight, and there's a huge surge of paedos wanting to join the (junior) mile high club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    What so, carry on making unjust asusmptions about men purely on the basis of their gender, but just don't make it too obvious?

Good job. :rolleyes:
    It's a fact that more men are paedophiles than women, just like more gang crimes are committed by black people than white people, more vandalism is committed by young people than old, and more drinking-so-much-until-you-fall-down-and-choke-on-your-own-sick is committed by women than men.

You're an idiot if you can't see that arranging a man's seat so he's not next to a child is different to asking him to get up and leave in front of a whole plane full of people. In the former he's not harmed at all, what does a man care if he's seated next to a child or not? In fact, surely he'd prefer not to be? Obviously if he's booked a seat in a particular place and a child has booked a seat in a particular place then you should book it where they both ask, regardles of whether they're next to each other, but often the airline just gives you your seat.

I'm not saying it's necessary to deliberately seat men away from children, probably a waste of time tbh, but if they did I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as no man was ever forced to move after he's seated, or banned from the seat he wants to book just because there's children around

ReputationRep:
    Surely if a man is with his family it's fine? A man on their own maybe - but then again what's stopping the women sat on their own from being paedophiles?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by weirdwakkidolli)
    A man on their own maybe
    Why are you suspicious of a man travelling on his own?

(Original post by O-Ren)
    It's a fact that more men are paedophiles than women, just like more gang crimes are committed by black people than white people, more vandalism is committed by young people than old, and more drinking-so-much-until-you-fall-down-and-choke-on-your-own-sick is committed by women than men.

You're an idiot if you can't see that arranging a man's seat so he's not next to a child is different to asking him to get up and leave in front of a whole plane full of people. In the former he's not harmed at all, what does a man care if he's seated next to a child or not? In fact, surely he'd prefer not to be? Obviously if he's booked a seat in a particular place and a child has booked a seat in a particular place then you should book it where they both ask, regardles of whether they're next to each other, but often the airline just gives you your seat.

I'm not saying it's necessary to deliberately seat men away from children, probably a waste of time tbh, but if they did I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as no man was ever forced to move after he's seated, or banned from the seat he wants to book just because there's children around
    So shall we move all Islamics to a separate part of trains so that 1/1000000 wont bomb someone?

What in the **** are you ******** complaining about?

I welcome the move and I propose more airlines forbid men to sit next to children. Mann.......so many times where i've flown and wanted to scrape my brain out and eat it because there were children nearby :rolleyes:

Also - Kids should be banned from business & first.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.