The Student Room Group

Feeling left out

I joined my current school in October and have since made a big effort to be friends with one group of people. One girl in this group is 18 soon and having a hall party, and appears to have invited nearly everyone except me. She's also been talking about it a lot in school, asking people what songs should go on the playlist and stuff and its making me feel so disheartened that I made the effort to try and be friends with her and I'm not invited. Do you think there is any way I can drop a hint to her that it would mean so much to me to be invited?
Reply 1
Hinting for an invite is pretty low tbh.

My recommendation would be to organise some event yourself, even if its just something like a cinema trip and make a point of personally inviting her.

Other then that, just gatecrash it.
Reply 2
Just ask her if you can come..?
Anonymous
I joined my current school in October and have since made a big effort to be friends with one group of people. One girl in this group is 18 soon and having a hall party, and appears to have invited nearly everyone except me. She's also been talking about it a lot in school, asking people what songs should go on the playlist and stuff and its making me feel so disheartened that I made the effort to try and be friends with her and I'm not invited. Do you think there is any way I can drop a hint to her that it would mean so much to me to be invited?

might be she just forgot!!!:smile:
so don't worry!
Reply 4
Reue's advice is good but honestly, why would you want to associate yourself with a **** like that? I bet she's a plastic whore.

but yeah totally you should gatecrash lol that's what ive done in similar circumstances, generally nobody cares.
Remember: you're a bad ass mother ******. And bad ass mother ******* don't need invites.
Reply 6
Anonymous

I'm sure she wouldnt intentionally not invite you unless she's the biggest cow. It could also be that she doesn't know you that well? so is wary of inviting you to a party. Friendship takes time in my opinion. The alternative is just to ask her if you can go..like the other guy said. Just say something like "i hear you're having a party soon? am i invited?"

and if she says no, punch her in the fanny.
Reply 7
She's definiitley not a plastic whore, hence why I've made the effort to be friends with her. I doubt she forgot, because she's been asking everyone whose invited if they can go (in front of me of course).
Reply 8
Anonymous
She's definiitley not a plastic whore, hence why I've made the effort to be friends with her. I doubt she forgot, because she's been asking everyone whose invited if they can go (in front of me of course).

She's definitely being a bitch about it then, I'd say no, don't ask her because what will you do if she says no?

I agree with the other poster, plan a cinema trip or something, invite her and a bunch of other mates, too. Then if she doesn't 'invite you back' she isn't a person worth making friends with.
She isn't worth the trouble, it could end up being a **** party anyway. Asking to be invited sounds a bit desperate don't do it.
Reply 10
Anonymous

whatever she is she's clearly not worth the effort. sorry.
Reply 11
If you're sure she hasn't forgotten, then she can't really be worth your trouble. That's just mean :s-smilie: Just ask her why she hasn't invited you. It might sound like a strange thing to do but she'll be the one feeling embarrassed about it.
Reply 12
Some people aren't very nice, I'm afraid. Forget about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending