Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if anyone has heard of Sia's Breathe Me, or can listen to it on Spotify/You Tube etc, could you tell me the emotions you felt, and also what you visualised whilst listening to this track.

This would be incredibly helpful as I am doing a project on interpreting a piece of music, & would like to get as many people's responses as possible.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Is this for dance?

ReputationRep:
    it makes me feel sad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you chronic_fatigue.
    And Kay it's for my Graphic Design course.

ReputationRep:
    I love this song!

It makes me very mellow and relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sequin!

ReputationRep:
    Wow - music + graphic design!?

It's a very deep song, her significant emotions definetely perpetuate through my heart, this sense of an everlasting tone in her voice, dragging the story along, and keeping listener at awe awaiting for not only the next gentle tone she projects, but also the storyline behind it

hope that helps - good luck with it!
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I love song, it was used on our religious retreat and everyone was in tears...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Kay : ) This is absolutely perfect! Also thanks lyrical_lie, this is wonderful, helping me immensely!

ReputationRep:
    It's all good man - this is what we are all here for

ReputationRep:
    Very sad...her voice is very clam and unique which makes this song quite relaxing but sad at the same time...

ReputationRep:
    Reflective, calm, sad, melancholy, hopeless

ReputationRep:
    oh i see you double posted this thread, I'll copy paste my response from the other one

This song was played in the final scene of six feet under, and for me it will always be completely intertwined with that wonderful series and the brilliant final scenes to it, the first time I heard it was during the final moments of that show and I cried watching it, it was incredibly powerful

ReputationRep:
    It's quite poignant. :\

ReputationRep:
    i though it was slow, boring and meaningless..

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't relate to it at all, it's just someone saying how weak and frail they are over and over again. I think Hurt covered self-harm much more emotionally and with much better lyrics.

I heard plenty of hype about it before though so I guess I was expecting too much...

ReputationRep:
    Always loved this song, first heard it when I randomly watched the final scene in the Six Feet Under finale. Matched it amazingly.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh i love Sia. This song makes me feel mellow, relaxed but sad too. Oh it is just so beautiful >.<

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much guys, this is helping so so much!

(Original post by ibs137)
    i thought it was slow, boring and meaningless.
    Ditto. As this is a graphic design thing, I'd sum the whole song up with the colour grey.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.