Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i got a B (120/200) from the exam in november 2009, but im retaking it in june (i think?!) to get an A. :confused: well hopefully.

do you have any revision tips? and is there any websites i could get past papers from?

ReputationRep:
    Revise in the easter holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starofale)
    Revise in the easter holidays.
    Not quite sure how that's added to the thread in terms of helping out.

Youtube has loads of good GCSE videos
    GCSE maths tutor site have loads of resources

Then check your school exam board and get all their past papers and look at how exam questions are structured and get used to seeing what the examiners look for ob the mark scheme.

It may be that your B could have been higher if you know how to play the exam game

ReputationRep:
    vdub is right, jsut make sure you get a few past papers done and then have the mark schemes to see where you are going wrong. Also it's a good idea to time yourself when you do the papers as time can sometimes run out in exams.

ReputationRep:
    use ure revison guide for gcse maths the best weapon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeBeth)
    i got a B (120/200) from the exam in november 2009, but im retaking it in june (i think?!) to get an A. :confused: well hopefully.

do you have any revision tips? and is there any websites i could get past papers from?
    its going to be hard work because for that exam an A was 141/200 so its quite a big gap between your mark and the next one up so you will have to be prepared to work very hard!

i took that exam and did quite well (188/200). For my revision, I did ALL the questions from the CGP Maths Higher Workbook, read the CGP Maths Revision Guide like a bible and did every sheet of questions my school gave me. After school on a wednesday the maths department ran revision sessions for an hour which I went to too, so i recommend going to any and every revision session they offer. Also my school made us do practice papers every week until the exam which got us used to the questions and helped build our confidence as we got better every week.

I wasn't very confident in my ability so I went to the extreme with the revision and it paid off, however other people who did just as well did very little. So it is whatever works for you best.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am taking the edexcel linear higher 1380 exam in nov and is there any online websites with past papers or revision guides on. :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.