Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what is tissues fluid and its formation???
    what is hydrostatic pressure and how is it formed?
    what are the lymph ??what tehy do????
    OMG iam sooooooooo confused i dont get an of this please help me!!! i have read my text book like 10 times but i dont get please explain everything to me in simple words. iam not lazy its just that i dont get it!
    thanks for any help x

ReputationRep:
    Tissue fluid surrounds cells and substances (e.g. glucose and oxygen) get from the blood to the cell via tissue fluid.

At the arterial part of the capillaries (the bit coming from the heart) there's high hydrostatic pressure (as the blood is being pumped at high pressure through small capillaries)) so plasma from the blood diffuses out of the capillary as they are semi permeable. Only small molecules come out of the capillary walls (ultrafiltration), some molecules, e.g. red blood cells and proteins are too large so they remain in the blood.

The lymph system carries excess tissue fluid towards the heart where it's drained into the blood. Lymph is moved along by contraction of muscles (doesn't use heart/pump) and has semi-lunar valves.

That help at all? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0lly)
    Tissue fluid surrounds cells and substances (e.g. glucose and oxygen) get from the blood to the cell via tissue fluid.

At the arterial part of the capillaries (the bit coming from the heart) there's high hydrostatic pressure (as the blood is being pumped at high pressure through small capillaries)) so plasma from the blood diffuses out of the capillary as they are semi permeable. Only small molecules come out of the capillary walls (ultrafiltration), some molecules, e.g. red blood cells and proteins are too large so they remain in the blood.

The lymph system carries excess tissue fluid towards the heart where it's drained into the blood. Lymph is moved along by contraction of muscles (doesn't use heart/pump) and has semi-lunar valves.

That help at all? lol
    thankss!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 17, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.