Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does you current student loan balance include? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know, when you log in to view your current balance on the Student Loans Company website, does that balance include both your maintenance loans AND your tuition fee loans?

Really appreciate any help!

ReputationRep:
    why shouldn't it? You've borrowed both amounts so owe it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    why shouldn't it? You've borrowed both amounts so owe it all.
    Helpful as always. Do you have something against students getting loans or something? You seem to want to suggest at every opportunity that people are trying to neglect their responsibilities. The OP obviously just wants to understand what they owe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adambro)
    Helpful as always. Do you have something against students getting loans or something? You seem to want to suggest at every opportunity that people are trying to neglect their responsibilities. The OP obviously just wants to understand what they owe.
    and I clarified it. Unlike your negative *****ing that told them nothing.
    Very helpful of you.
    And to answer your question. I am fully in support of students getting a loan for their studies. I am totally against non students (ie people who have left uni) pocketing money they have received since they left and thinking they are entitled to it. You disagree with that or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    and I clarified it. Unlike your negative *****ing that told them nothing.
    Very helpful of you.
    And to answer your question. I am fully in support of students getting a loan for their studies. I am totally against non students (ie people who have left uni) pocketing money they have received since they left and thinking they are entitled to it. You disagree with that or something?
    I don't know the answer to the OP's question so didn't try to answer it. Your response wasn't particularly helpful though since I suspect the OP understands he will owe the SLC whatever he has borrowed. I'm assuming the OP's balance wasn't as expected so he wanted to check it included both the tuition fee loan and the maintenance loan to help them to understand it.

I am grateful for your explanation of your view of student loans. I am in complete agreement that non-students shouldn't keep money they are not entitled to. However, I don't assume that anyone who leaves uni and doesn't inform the SLC is a fraudster and deserves to be treated as such.

ReputationRep:
    It includes Maintenance and Tuition Fee loans and any interest that has accumulated on them.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know exactly how much I owe. :p: I don't have a clue about any of my old log-in information, though.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help everybody!

As adambro said, I just wanted to check as my balance was higher than expected when I looked at it. Had a tiny panic but feel better for understanding it *wipes brow*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.