The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Mine got me a "Learn to play Metallica DVD" =D
Reply 181
A prostitute.
Reply 182
I had a tinned haggis on my results day. It was better than it sounds.
before my exams my dad said i bet you dont pass any, and i said okay lets bet a £ 100 for each subect, and i passed 9/10 so i got £800 :wink:
I got £100. I bought a cheap piano on ebay with it for £90 then resold it for £280 :smile:
I got some money, but that wasn't my motivation for doing well.

Not my parents, but my grandparents got me a watch and a necklace. :smile:
Reply 186
I got hundred quid from my older brother and a pat on the head from my dad
Reply 187
Nothing; my uber rich friend received like a £100 per A* though ~~
My mam bought my a bracelet and my grandma a watch because they wanted to get me somenthing i could keep.
The best present was that i was allowed to hold the results day party at my house :smile: which was arranged before results came out anyway.
£100, a reward for acheiving good grades for somone who has been in a new country with a new language for only 2 years ish..:smile:
After my GCSE results I banged my sister. Hard. And she loved it.
I went to Reading Festival on the day I got my GCSE results (seems ages ago now), and my parents decided before I left I didn't have to pay them back for the tickets, which was nice.

When I got my AS results and told my dad who was waiting in the car he went a bit hyper and emptied his wallet in my hands :tongue: It had £40 in it, so I suppose I was rewarded with £10 per A xD
Reply 192
Conall1
You got £1100 for GCSEs?!

Yeah.. lol
In my family education is unheard of, except for my parents..
My cousins all totally wasted their school years and are all unemployed in their 20s..
so getting the grades I did was seen as impossible.. Hence massive reward..
Plus, I'm the eldest and therefore slightly spoilt xP
Monies, ahh :ahee:
i got my EMU boots which were £220, plus a big meal with the family :smile:
£100 for every A*, £50 for every A but if i got a C, i wouldn't have got a penny lol
Reply 196
I got a £40 bag for sixth form but it fell apart so my Mum got a refund. I was then given the same bag for Christmas. :rolleyes: Works out at less than £4 per A* but I'm not bitter...much :p:
Jesus some of you guys are spoiled - £100 per A grade? I would have had like £600!

I got a pizza.
Reply 198
azn-wonder91
Hahaha wheyyy *high 5* I didn't want you thinking I'm spoiled cuz I'm nottt (a) tbh the amount Asian parents tell their kids off...we deserve to be indulged! :p:

Not true to some extent. I'm asian but my parents are very loving. I don't get yelled but they do give me the 'i'm so disappointed vibe' that I HAVE to do well or I'll feel really miserable I disappointed them.

Anyway, I don't usually get presents for grades. I have everything I want already, and my parents pay for everything including my college and university fees, transport and gives me a moderate amount of money for spending. (different to the culture here I guess but I will repay them in the future!) so money doesn't serve as a motivator.
NO not yet, i'm getting my results in august!
till then i've got loads of time to decide what I would like..hehe =)

Latest