After GCSE results day - did your parents get you anything... Watch

Bex191
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got £20 for every pass && then got taken to oxford street to spend it all =D I wasnt expecting anything though, getting decent grades would have been enough for me. Some people's parents go crazy though, I know people who got holidays in America && stuff like that.
fliss_pop
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i got £100 but that was mainly because someone in my mum's office was talking about everything she was getting her son for GCSEs and thought i'd feel left out/overlooked or something. She didn't even try and take it back when i explained most of my friends parents offered rewards as a kind of bribe and that normally has to happen before the exams have been sat, win!
paella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got money, and a bit of goodwill.
Will1692
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is not a joke.
For every A i got my mum said i can have £500!
She must of thought i was retarded or something, she said she thought it was a safe bet! £2000 later and i have a gap year coming up travelling the world, (£2000 will help, but not for a year).
4 is crap for TSR i know but with the school i went to that was classed as really good,then i met TSR and realised i was clearly stupid lol
Shame there was no A* bonus! lol
MDEH8176
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had about £500.

I was given a certain amount of money for each grade I achieved. I remember that if I got an A in English or Maths it was £50. An A in R.E, however, was worth less (about £20).

It caused a bit of an argument in my family for a while about whether it was the 'right' thing to do. It so was.

I got AAA at A-level, but I didn't get anything for that.
Last edited by MDEH8176; 8 years ago
mespannerhanz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did my french two years early and got an A*, and my grandma sent me £20 and a bag of chocolates!! :P I got my maths result this week - A*, so my parents said we could go out for a meal tonight, although it is my mums birthday in a few days so it's a joint celebration! But no, I don't expect anything when I get the rest of my results, just a Well Done will be enough for me!!
Heir-Head
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got a 32" LCD TV
MathsHamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My parents took me out to dinner... One of my brother's friends was predicted Bs and Cs so his parents promised him £100 for every A he got. Turns out he was just lazy and in the end they had to fork out £1100!!
.Rapid.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Currently preparing to sit Gcse Exam in June 2010. Parents have promised a while ago that i would receive 30 Pounds for each A*. Im aiming for all A*s, and im taking 9 Gcse, so do the math 270 If i get 9, which i doubt.

I reckon i'll end up with 7 A*s and 100 pounds .. Meh . My parents are very kind and usually get things for me, but i tend not to take advantage of it xD.
carbondummy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My Dad said if i get at least 5 A's He'll buy me a diamond ring.
Turned out on Results Day i got 4a*'s and 5a's.

But This was me doing my gcses in one year.
:woo:
Archen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i didnt get anything on results day
..but i was allowed to have my room redecorated but we started after my last exam finished because they decided they wanted to reward the hard work i put in over teh past two years rather than the results at the end :yes:
Revolution is my Name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got some new walking boots from my parents :awesome:
That probably works out to about 5 or 6 quid per A*.
wilson_smith
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, they just praised me (even though my results were hardly great), which is probably better than material gratification, why produce synthetic reward for work when simple interactions will do.
keepa7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:zomg: I got pizza and a well done

All my friends that did worse then me got tons of money (£100 for an A*, not fair :sigh:)
Lola4000
Report 8 years ago
I did A LOT betta than expected so my mum gave me £100....2 months after.

betta late than never I guess. lol
snoopydoops
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A kennel in the garden if i get anything lower then an A*
bananacake14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My dad randomly came up to me one night and said, depending on the grade you get depends on how much money we'll give you...
£50 - A*
£40 - A
£30 - B
£10 - C
I think...
but on the day of my results when he came home from work, he gave me card with £300 in it, a box of chocs and a bottle of cava. Bless him, and i was really grateful!
oxPENELOPExo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by loonyplatypus)
I got a £700 laptop, but to be fair, that was to take me all the way through Sixth Form and uni, so it wasn't just a GCSE present
Still awesome though!

:yes: :ditto: a laptop for sixth form

and earrings, money and a card for AS levels
DJ AgnieszkaA
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no they did not.
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A card.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (633)
91.08%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.92%

Watched Threads