Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

After GCSE results day - did your parents get you anything... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got £20 for every pass && then got taken to oxford street to spend it all =D I wasnt expecting anything though, getting decent grades would have been enough for me. Some people's parents go crazy though, I know people who got holidays in America && stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    i got £100 but that was mainly because someone in my mum's office was talking about everything she was getting her son for GCSEs and thought i'd feel left out/overlooked or something. She didn't even try and take it back when i explained most of my friends parents offered rewards as a kind of bribe and that normally has to happen before the exams have been sat, win!

ReputationRep:
    I got money, and a bit of goodwill.

ReputationRep:
    This is not a joke.
    For every A i got my mum said i can have £500!
    She must of thought i was retarded or something, she said she thought it was a safe bet! £2000 later and i have a gap year coming up travelling the world, (£2000 will help, but not for a year).
    4 is crap for TSR i know but with the school i went to that was classed as really good,then i met TSR and realised i was clearly stupid lol
    Shame there was no A* bonus! lol

ReputationRep:
    I had about £500.

I was given a certain amount of money for each grade I achieved. I remember that if I got an A in English or Maths it was £50. An A in R.E, however, was worth less (about £20).

It caused a bit of an argument in my family for a while about whether it was the 'right' thing to do. It so was.

I got AAA at A-level, but I didn't get anything for that.

ReputationRep:
    I did my french two years early and got an A*, and my grandma sent me £20 and a bag of chocolates!! :P I got my maths result this week - A*, so my parents said we could go out for a meal tonight, although it is my mums birthday in a few days so it's a joint celebration! But no, I don't expect anything when I get the rest of my results, just a Well Done will be enough for me!!

ReputationRep:
    I got a 32" LCD TV

ReputationRep:
    My parents took me out to dinner... One of my brother's friends was predicted Bs and Cs so his parents promised him £100 for every A he got. Turns out he was just lazy and in the end they had to fork out £1100!!

ReputationRep:
    Currently preparing to sit Gcse Exam in June 2010. Parents have promised a while ago that i would receive 30 Pounds for each A*. Im aiming for all A*s, and im taking 9 Gcse, so do the math 270 If i get 9, which i doubt.

I reckon i'll end up with 7 A*s and 100 pounds .. Meh . My parents are very kind and usually get things for me, but i tend not to take advantage of it xD.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad said if i get at least 5 A's He'll buy me a diamond ring.
    Turned out on Results Day i got 4a*'s and 5a's.

But This was me doing my gcses in one year.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get anything on results day
    ..but i was allowed to have my room redecorated but we started after my last exam finished because they decided they wanted to reward the hard work i put in over teh past two years rather than the results at the end :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I got some new walking boots from my parents :awesome:
    That probably works out to about 5 or 6 quid per A*.

ReputationRep:
    No, they just praised me (even though my results were hardly great), which is probably better than material gratification, why produce synthetic reward for work when simple interactions will do.

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: I got pizza and a well done

All my friends that did worse then me got tons of money (£100 for an A*, not fair :sigh:)

ReputationRep:
    I did A LOT betta than expected so my mum gave me £100....2 months after.

betta late than never I guess. lol

ReputationRep:
    A kennel in the garden if i get anything lower then an A*

ReputationRep:
    My dad randomly came up to me one night and said, depending on the grade you get depends on how much money we'll give you...
    £50 - A*
    £40 - A
    £30 - B
    £10 - C
    I think...
    but on the day of my results when he came home from work, he gave me card with £300 in it, a box of chocs and a bottle of cava. Bless him, and i was really grateful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I got a £700 laptop, but to be fair, that was to take me all the way through Sixth Form and uni, so it wasn't just a GCSE present
    Still awesome though!

:yes: :ditto: a laptop for sixth form

and earrings, money and a card for AS levels

ReputationRep:
    no they did not.

ReputationRep:
    A card.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.