Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

After GCSE results day - did your parents get you anything... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Nothing materialistic, just praise

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they got me a present. Then my grandparents and friends of my parents all got me cards and money too. Very nice of them I thought

ReputationRep:
    I got a Leeds Fest ticket.

ReputationRep:
    A meal at Felicini's

I got a well done card and was then told I wasn't aloud to go out with my mates incase I got drunk! I was then shouted at by my mum for not getting an A* in I.t apparently 8a* wasn't enough, yet my sister got told well done even though she only got 1a* :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    It's actually going quite good But who knows what the actual exam will be like :afraid: I'm going to try and get at least 2 A*s. What about youuuu?
    Yeah it is going okay, a bit boring though hows your ucas??

ReputationRep:
    Nothing and i got 3 A*s and the rest As, but then iv got friends who got loads for just passing. It always annoys me that the people that struggle with school get rewards while the rest get nothing! Some people at my school got to go paintballing at the end of term if they attended school for the whole term, whilst the rest of us are just expected to be there :/

ReputationRep:
    Just congratulations on my dad's part.

Two of my best friends and their parents took me for a meal at the Yang Sing with them though. Was super lovely!

And I bought myself a trampoline :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formula 1)
    Yeah it is going okay, a bit boring though hows your ucas??
    UCAS? Eugh.

ReputationRep:
    I performed poorly in my GCSEs (by TSR standards, anyway) and still got a few cards. Someone I know refused to congratulate me, though.

I'm re-sitting five this summer (all of them B-C grades) so hopefully I may get something this time... Heh heh heh...

ReputationRep:
    well i got a new acoustic guitar after my last exam, which I wasn't expecting so was nice =] & then I think around £400 from various family members when I actually got my results. Roll on A level results =]

ReputationRep:
    I am not from a wealthy background, but my mum and dad promised me £100 for every A*, £50 for every A, £20 for B, £10 for a C. I walked away with 490 !

ReputationRep:
    After 7 A*s and 5 As we had a meal.
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Um, for my Maths GCSE I got a trip to Pizza Hut, then the rest of my GCSE's I got some flowers and CDM from my then boyfriend, so not too bad really, I wasn't expecting uber-much money or anything =P

ReputationRep:
    I got £100 for every A I got and I got a pair of gold ruby earrings

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got a bag of sweets and maybe a card for my GCSEs from my mother and a new pencil case for college, some stationery and a card from my older sister which was rather cute of her.

My family don't really do rewards for grades/results, they think that the grades should be enough reward - which ultimately it is I suppose or else I wouldn't be working so hard at the moment... grrr. For A levels I got nothing from anyone and uni exams have been the same thus far. My mum was very academic and my sisters have always done well (despite the fact that I always did that bit better :p: ), so achievement is kinda taken for granted.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't promised, but after I got my results my parents told me that they would pay the difference for my macbook because they knew I was saving for one. My grandparents gave me some money towards that as well.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't promised anything beforehand, I didn't need a motivation other than getting good grades to do the work. After the results my parents said I could ask for something I wanted but there's still not been anything so the offer's open until I think of something basically!!

ReputationRep:
    I got a guess watch and £100 for every A/A* parents thought I would get about 4 but I ended up with 10 LOL bless them :-P

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.