Turn on thread page Beta

After GCSE results day - did your parents get you anything... watch

ReputationRep:
    I was originally promised £50 per A grade £20 per B grade from my granddad, but he found out I was gay at the time and chose not to talk to me for a year or so... so I didn't get anything. :dontknow: I did get a 'well done' from my mum though, which was more than enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzurai)
    thats a a GRAND!:eek: :eek:
    I knowww but most of it has gone towards driving lessons (a)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    I got a guess watch and £100 for every A/A* parents thought I would get about 4 but I ended up with 10 LOL bless them :-P
    Whoa !! What are they gonna get for you if you get in2 university for dentistry!!?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    After my GCSE results day....my mam got me the internet

Yes folks, that's right, I'm old. I got the internet for the first time when I was 16. And it was dial-up costing 1p per minute. Back in the day before it was even flat rate pay-monthly dial-up, let alone broadband!

ReputationRep:
    I got like 100 per A*, and ended up with 11 A*s and an A overall
    And they never expected that.. haha!
    Although, they weren't happy with the A once they knew I was capable of the A*s..
    Then I got a remark and 2 months later.. 12 A*s
    (didn't get more money that time though..)

ReputationRep:
    I got £100 from my grandparents and £100 from my parents!! And a meal out with the epic drink that is champagne!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Whoa !! What are they gonna get for you if you get in2 university for dentistry!!?
    Hahaha they said they'll buy me a flat or appartment type thing for after my first year :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha they said they'll buy me a flat or appartment type thing for after my first year :blush:
    Lol apartment "type thing":p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    I got like 100 per A*, and ended up with 11 A*s and an A overall
    And they never expected that.. haha!
    Although, they weren't happy with the A once they knew I was capable of the A*s..
    Then I got a remark and 2 months later.. 12 A*s
    (didn't get more money that time though..)

You got £1100 for GCSEs?!

In response to the OP, I got a laptop...that I broke just the other day. It's getting repaired now:p:

ReputationRep:
    I got chickens, chicken coop and run, chicken feed etc etc everythiing I need to keep my babies lol

Oh and the 2.5 hour round trip to get the chick i decided I must have!

ReputationRep:
    Lol apartment "type thing":p:
    Hehe sorry the word escaped meee! Tbh I don't want people to think
    I'm spoiled so i better explain...my dad works ALL THE TIME. he's a doctor and is basically never home because he's an A & E consultant so has to be at the hospital all day to watch over the jr doctors etc. Yeh so anyways he tries to make up for never being there by buying me stuff.
    Now I sound ungrateful so I better
    STFU
    and
    GTFO
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    a mobile on contract and they paid for it each month

ReputationRep:
    Hehe sorry the word escaped meee! Tbh I don't want people to think
    I'm spoiled so i better explain...my dad works ALL THE TIME. he's a doctor and is basically never home because he's an A & E consultant so has to be at the hospital all day to watch over the jr doctors etc. Yeh so anyways he tries to make up for never being there by buying me stuff.
    Now I sound ungrateful so I better
    STFU
    and
    GTFO
    :p:
    LOL dont worry u dont have to explain it to me...i havent asian parents and they spoil me 2 !!...im not complaining

ReputationRep:
    nope, nothing. Maybe a "well done" or two.

ReputationRep:
    LOL dont worry u dont have to explain it to me...i havent asian parents and they spoil me 2 !!...im not complaining
    Hahaha wheyyy *high 5* I didn't want you thinking I'm spoiled cuz I'm nottt (a) tbh the amount Asian parents tell their kids off...we deserve to be indulged! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get anything. My dad always says that I should study because I want to, and that if I get good grades it's something that affects me, not my parents.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha wheyyy *high 5* I didn't want you thinking I'm spoiled cuz I'm nottt (a) tbh the amount Asian parents tell their kids off...we deserve to be indulged! :p:
    They dont even do that hahah..but yeah *HIGH FIVE*

and i meant i "have asian parents" not "i havent asian parents"which iwrote lol i dont think the second statement makes much sense

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't see the point in paying for good exam results because the better they are, the more likely my sisters and I are to go to university, which the parentals will most likely have to fund heavily...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I received money for good results, but did not know about this until they were published, so it couldn't act as some type of bribe or incentive.

ReputationRep:
    my parents locked me in the basement and anally dominated me for weeks

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.