The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I was originally promised £50 per A grade £20 per B grade from my granddad, but he found out I was gay at the time and chose not to talk to me for a year or so... so I didn't get anything. :dontknow: I did get a 'well done' from my mum though, which was more than enough.
samzurai
thats a a GRAND!:eek: :eek:

I knowww but most of it has gone towards driving lessons (a)
azn-wonder91
I got a guess watch and £100 for every A/A* parents thought I would get about 4 but I ended up with 10 LOL bless them :-P

Whoa !! What are they gonna get for you if you get in2 university for dentistry!!?
After my GCSE results day....my mam got me the internet

Yes folks, that's right, I'm old. I got the internet for the first time when I was 16. And it was dial-up costing 1p per minute. Back in the day before it was even flat rate pay-monthly dial-up, let alone broadband!
Reply 164
I got like 100 per A*, and ended up with 11 A*s and an A overall :biggrin:
And they never expected that.. haha!
Although, they weren't happy with the A once they knew I was capable of the A*s..
Then I got a remark and 2 months later.. 12 A*s :smile:
(didn't get more money that time though..)
Reply 165
I got £100 from my grandparents and £100 from my parents!! And a meal out with the epic drink that is champagne!!! :wink::woo:
HumanNature1992
Whoa !! What are they gonna get for you if you get in2 university for dentistry!!?

Hahaha they said they'll buy me a flat or appartment type thing for after my first year :blush:
azn-wonder91
Hahaha they said they'll buy me a flat or appartment type thing for after my first year :blush:

Lol apartment "type thing":p:
Reply 168
sidrah
I got like 100 per A*, and ended up with 11 A*s and an A overall :biggrin:
And they never expected that.. haha!
Although, they weren't happy with the A once they knew I was capable of the A*s..
Then I got a remark and 2 months later.. 12 A*s :smile:
(didn't get more money that time though..)

You got £1100 for GCSEs?!

In response to the OP, I got a laptop...that I broke just the other day. It's getting repaired now:p:
I got chickens, chicken coop and run, chicken feed etc etc everythiing I need to keep my babies lol

Oh and the 2.5 hour round trip to get the chick i decided I must have!
HumanNature1992
Lol apartment "type thing":p:

Hehe sorry the word escaped meee! Tbh I don't want people to think
I'm spoiled so i better explain...my dad works ALL THE TIME. he's a doctor and is basically never home because he's an A & E consultant so has to be at the hospital all day to watch over the jr doctors etc. Yeh so anyways he tries to make up for never being there by buying me stuff.
Now I sound ungrateful so I better
STFU
and
GTFO
:p:
Reply 171
a mobile on contract and they paid for it each month :smile:
azn-wonder91
Hehe sorry the word escaped meee! Tbh I don't want people to think
I'm spoiled so i better explain...my dad works ALL THE TIME. he's a doctor and is basically never home because he's an A & E consultant so has to be at the hospital all day to watch over the jr doctors etc. Yeh so anyways he tries to make up for never being there by buying me stuff.
Now I sound ungrateful so I better
STFU
and
GTFO
:p:

LOL dont worry u dont have to explain it to me...i havent asian parents and they spoil me 2 !!...im not complaining:biggrin:
nope, nothing. Maybe a "well done" or two.
HumanNature1992
LOL dont worry u dont have to explain it to me...i havent asian parents and they spoil me 2 !!...im not complaining:biggrin:

Hahaha wheyyy *high 5* I didn't want you thinking I'm spoiled cuz I'm nottt (a) tbh the amount Asian parents tell their kids off...we deserve to be indulged! :p:
I didn't get anything. My dad always says that I should study because I want to, and that if I get good grades it's something that affects me, not my parents.
azn-wonder91
Hahaha wheyyy *high 5* I didn't want you thinking I'm spoiled cuz I'm nottt (a) tbh the amount Asian parents tell their kids off...we deserve to be indulged! :p:

They dont even do that hahah..but yeah *HIGH FIVE*

and i meant i "have asian parents" not "i havent asian parents"which iwrote lol i dont think the second statement makes much sense:biggrin:
My parents don't see the point in paying for good exam results because the better they are, the more likely my sisters and I are to go to university, which the parentals will most likely have to fund heavily...:cool:
I received money for good results, but did not know about this until they were published, so it couldn't act as some type of bribe or incentive.
my parents locked me in the basement and anally dominated me for weeks

Latest