Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

there is this person I used to know. all he does is get stoned/high on acid, talk crap about other people and moan about his life, even though he has a (fairly) nice house, family, friends and a he's even had several hot girlfriends (currently on no.3). he was in the year above at school and I sort of looked up to him because I thought I could relate to him (never of us liked our school. looking back I really wish id had a different outlook). in short, boy, was I an idiot.

long story short, I won't elaborate on the minor details, but we just drifted apart. I just realised he that I did'nt want anything to do with him and I just avoid him now. I just really hate the fact that he's generally a nasty piece of work, but he always gets his own way, and then he has the nerve to complain when one thing goes wrong (once his ex told him this lie that she was pregnant with his child but she'd had a miscarriage in the first week. yes he is also very gullible and likes to exaggerate/dramatise things). I've seen him cry at least twice so he's not exactly mr badass sex, drugs and rock n roll.

but he was my friend. let's face it, I'm just jealous. but is there a distinction between envy and hate? really? and so am I justified in hating him? why should I even care you ask? because Im a loner with absolutely no one in the world, now that ive isolated myself, and I want to know if I've actually been cheated out of meeting decent people or if this is just standard.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.