Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I paid for some things on my debit card and need to return them but don't have time. If my mum returned them for me she would have to take my card and enter my pin for the money to be refunded to my account. Is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    I always get my mum to go into shops with my card and enter my pin. Not sure whether it's allowed but I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javaflynn)
    I always get my mum to go into shops with my card and enter my pin. Not sure whether it's allowed but I don't really care.
    I don't care either, just don't want her to get into trouble at the shop! Like when you return something they make you sign something as proof that you have been refunded, if the cashier notices her signature on that is different to the one on the card there might be an issue...

ReputationRep:
    Just give her a signed note to have on her just incase they quibble saying she is acting on you're behalf blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    It's not allowed, worst case scenario is they notice and refuse the refund though, she won't get into any real bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    I paid for some things on my debit card and need to return them but don't have time. If my mum returned them for me she would have to take my card and enter my pin for the money to be refunded to my account. Is that okay?
    no-one would even know. trust me I must put 100 card through our till a day and not once do you check to see if a woman is using a card that says MR on it or visa versa.

be reet

ReputationRep:
    Its not fraud because fraud always requires dishonesty. It probably isn't allowed, but I don't think it really matters. Worst case scenario is you have to go in yourself, but its very unlikely that there will be a problem.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.