The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends what you want to do at university :smile:
Reply 2
All amazing A-levels - but as the above poster said, what do you think you might want to do at university?
Reply 3
Yup, I'm with the others - what are you keeping your options open -for-?

Maths, History, Economics

Maybe

Further Maths, Physics, Politics, Chemistry.

Ok, so. If you wanted to do Maths at uni, FM is definitely the way to go. History and Politics also go really well together and (the joy of essay subjects) would mean you could do stuff like Law at uni as well.

My brother tells me maths and physics go together, especially mechanics.

I'd recommend picking either FM or one of the sciences, because then you have a 50:50 split and, with some exceptions, could go into sciences OR arts.

Hope that helped at all.
Reply 4
Thanks for the posts.

I was thinking law, economics, PPE, maths, history

what other degrees are out there. My school hasn't talked about uni at all which is why im worried a bit because its all down to what a levels you choose
Reply 5
i think u've got the right idea so far with maths, economics and history. and you've got plenty to time to decide about your 4th. just chill
Reply 6
if you wanted to keep all options open i would have said physics/chemistry so you would have the science
and im fairly sure you only need one essay based subject for the law, ppe etc so perhaps discount politics
further maths would benefit both economics and maths applications

but as i said a science always goes down well
Reply 7
dannylj
Thanks for the posts.

I was thinking law, economics, PPE, maths, history

what other degrees are out there. My school hasn't talked about uni at all which is why im worried a bit because its all down to what a levels you choose

Which one do u enjoy the most?

If its law: maths definitely, and english lit goes well with that also. Also, politics would work well for law also. And for a fourth subject maybe u could pick something that is relaxing and not as stressful as the other three.

Economics: Economics, Maths, English Lit and again, a subject that's not soo stressful.

The other degrees that ur interested in doing pretty follow the same route :smile:.

Also try looking on the internet and in prospectuses to get an idea of the different degrees offered by different unis to see what is required to get onto that course and this should help you decide which degree u want to do- and also look at the job prospects after you graduate...that's important as well.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks that helps alot :smile:
Reply 9
Maybe Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History? Or perhaps economics instead of Physics. That's based on the courses at uni you are considering, but it would probably help you choose subjects if you had a more specific idea. :p:

Latest