Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before christmas I received an unconditional from Strathclyde University through UCAS. Still no letter has arrived.

Around 12 days ago I received an unconditional from Glasgow University. No letter has arrived

Around the same time I received an unconditional from Napier - still no letter.

I worried that my address on UCAS was wrong but Napier sent me a letter to say that one of their courses was cancelled - so it can't be wrong.

How long did it take for other people to receive acceptance letters?

ReputationRep:
    It's very normal for uni's only to send their offers through UCAS and not send any letter at all.
    You'll get a letter with details after you've chosen a uni probably.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional on Tuesday and today I got a load of stuff in the post; lots of info about accomodation and scholarships etc. So some unis do send you stuff to try and get you to pick them as your firm choice, but not all; I think lots of them wait a while or don't send you anything until you firm them.

You can click on the course code and view the UCAS acceptance letter online though so, and whether the uni itself sends you one will depend on their particular way of doing things.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean an offer letter from UCAS or an offer letter from the university?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! It's just a couple of my friends received stuff about accomodation from Glasgow after their offers so I started to worry. Perhaps it varies depending on course, too.

ReputationRep:
    When I was an applicant, I received a letter from UCAS once all my choices had made a decision. On results day, I got a letter from the University saying that I had met the entry conditions and was successful in gaining a place.

ReputationRep:
    I think universities are different so that you may only receive a letter from them until all the unis have reached a decision and you have accepted a place at one. :dontknow:

I haven’t received any letters yet either. :sad:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.