Turn on thread page Beta

Eyeliner - how to do it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wear eyeliner fairly often, but I never really put much on, just one line on my upper lid and one on my lower lid, for daytime and going out. I'd really like to start wearing more for a more dramatic look to go out in the evening, but I'm a) not very good at putting it on and b) feel silly, as if people will think I'm trying to be Amy Winehouse. I have a selection of different types of eyeliner, the easiest for me is pencil but it always slides off and ends up under my eyes in a couple of hours. I also have Urban Decay Ink for Eyes and a Rimmel liquid eyeliner.

Can anyone recommend a decent picture/tutorial for a nice evening look that isn't overly dramatic and heavy?

ReputationRep:
    Hey =) there are many types! I use pencil on bottom - rimmel standard one/gosh the twisty one - both last long! and on the top i just use a normal liquid liner - just line it very close to the lid and at the end flick it out - doesnt look like amy winehouse at all!
    the way i perfected it was by using a MAC eye liner gel pot, and a small diagonal shaped brush and dip it in and use it - you can differ between thin and thick it was great! it lasts for very long on the eyelid and also as you are using a brush and gel, you are so much less likely to smudge/make errors than you are with a liquid liner. I used it for about a year or something but then it is really something you should keep for special nights tc but once you get good at using that, liquid lining comes naturally! I use the mac liquid liner, but rimmel and other boots/superdrug store brands are just as good =)

ReputationRep:
    Bourjois do a REALLy nice felt tip style liquid liner... its easier to apply than the classic liquid liners... lasts ages as well.. and I have quite heavy lidded eyes so other liners rub off.
    I think its called 'Liner Feutre'
    Try this
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyWizzy)
    I wear eyeliner fairly often, but I never really put much on, just one line on my upper lid and one on my lower lid, for daytime and going out. I'd really like to start wearing more for a more dramatic look to go out in the evening, but I'm a) not very good at putting it on and b) feel silly, as if people will think I'm trying to be Amy Winehouse. I have a selection of different types of eyeliner, the easiest for me is pencil but it always slides off and ends up under my eyes in a couple of hours. I also have Urban Decay Ink for Eyes and a Rimmel liquid eyeliner.

Can anyone recommend a decent picture/tutorial for a nice evening look that isn't overly dramatic and heavy?
    I just posted but i forgot to quote
    sorry..
    happy to help
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joloubart)
    Bourjois do a REALLy nice felt tip style liquid liner... its easier to apply than the classic liquid liners... lasts ages as well.. and I have quite heavy lidded eyes so other liners rub off.
    Try this
    x
    I have used that actually, found it very good, must buy a new one of it soon.

CKin2U - thanks - how do you know how much to flick it out? I usually end up with not enough so it's not noticeable, or too much which gives the Amy look! And usually one side is different than the other!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyWizzy)
    I have used that actually, found it very good, must buy a new one of it soon.

CKin2U - thanks - how do you know how much to flick it out? I usually end up with not enough so it's not noticeable, or too much which gives the Amy look! And usually one side is different than the other!
    Sorry for the late reply, - you just flick it out like you carry on drawing it past the end of ur eye about half a centimeter more, the pic in my profiles not a very good example doe i had to do everything really quick so the eyeliner was a bit thick........and about keeping both sides the same its just practice, but it helps to imagine a line coming down diagonally from the end of ur eyebrow that connects the end of the eyeliner lol if tht makes sense...=)

(Original post by Joloubart)
    Try this
    x
    I have that Liner Feutre. I find it hard to do my left eye 'cus I cant get the nib at the right angle, so whenever I do my left eye, I get a thin line going through the black 'cus of the angle it's at. The right eye looks amazing! But I cant ever get the left eye looking the same.

It is pretty good though!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.