Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I do German, History, Government and Politics and English Lit at the moment, i'm in the A2 year and i'm doing the whole of G&P in one year. None of my offers from Birmingham, Hull, or my applications to Sheffield and Queen Mary have said that they want English Lit, whereas I need German to get onto the language courses, and Hull want Government and Pol. Thing is, I'm really hating Eng Lit and wondered if I dropped it, does it make any difference?

It might. The best thing to do here is email the admissions department, especially of the uni's your planning to choose as firm and insurance, and ask them if they'd mind if you dropped it. Sometimes they don't care, but some uni's gave you the offer on the assumption you'd do that exam. Just ask them to be sure.

The last post was good advice, but didn't mention that the UCAS rules dictate that you must tell the universities and UCAS about any changes. Universities have the right to amend or withdraw any offers they have given if you decide not to take something so it is better to find out their attitudes before you do something you might regret later.

Exam results are given to Universities by UCAS, so they will be expecting a grade in English Literature and will not receive once if you decide to drop it. This is part of the reason why you need to inform them.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.