Turn on thread page Beta

I think we can all agree... watch

ReputationRep:
    ...that Led Zeppelin have produced some of the greatest music of all time.
    Since I've Been Loving You, Tangerine, and of course Stairway To Heaven, just to mention a few of their awesome tracks. Pull out the Zeppelin and you'll never go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Thin Lizzy is where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    Thin Lizzy are good, Ill admit that. But Zeppelin, everyone loves a piece of that. And if you dont, seriously, theres something wrong with you.

ReputationRep:
    Zeppelin are good good.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like them, whatever I say will be jumped upon and torn apart though. So I'll save everyone the time and not justify my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Don't like them, whatever I say will be jumped upon and torn apart though. So I'll save everyone the time and not justify my opinion.
    Good boy, you realise the futility of your opinion

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I like.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......... .AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    I can appreciate Led Zeppelin's music but I never actually listen to it. If I'm in the mood for older stuff they are never the ones I go for, dunno why.

Some cracking songs and albums though.

ReputationRep:
    What did u think of JPJ's work with Them Crooked Vultures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie098)
    What did u think of JPJ's work with Them Crooked Vultures?
    Pretty terrible and i'm a big fan of qotsa, led zeppelin and foo fighters

ReputationRep:
    They are my favourite band of all time. John Bonham is a goddamn legend and I have his symbol tattooed on my wrists. The started my obsession with classic rock!

Anyone have the DVD that came out awhile back? Fecking great stuff right there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greywacke)
    Pretty terrible and i'm a big fan of qotsa, led zeppelin and foo fighters
    Thought it was alright, but it did lack some punch I think. Not expecting a lot from their follow up album.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible overrated band with average music. Stairway To Heaven has some of the worst lyrics ever in a song and the guitar solo is just bland. Robert Plant can't sing and doesn't hold a note up to modern rock singers, Jimmy Page needs to take a few guitar lessons as everything he does sounds the same. John Paul Jones is just awful and John Bonham always sounds like its the first time he ever played a drum kit.

Just kidding. Probably the best band ever. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Seconded that they are probably the best band of all time. A mix of some the best rock musicians too with Bonham at the top of his list.

Custard Pie is where it's at though :yep: In my time of dying, Black dog and When The Levee Breaks too Stairway to heaven is overrated as hell though imo, one of my least faves from them, though still a great song.

Them and Floyd take up a huge amount of the music i listen to lately and seems to mix itself with dnb, electro which is funny imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarletsmoke)
    Good boy, you realise the futility of your opinion
    Nah, its more that it comes completely down to opinion. I could say that I find them dull and dated, but then you'll go on to say that they're one of the most influential/innovative musicians of all time. Which I'm not going to argue with, because its probably true, but when it comes down to it I don't enjoy listening to them.

Thats not to say they're not a good band though.

ReputationRep:
    you are all entitled to ur opinions

ReputationRep:
    Not those who bad mouth Zeppelin

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't agree.

ReputationRep:
    not as good as Showaddywaddy

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.