Turn on thread page Beta

I think we can all agree... watch

ReputationRep:
    mmm led zep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Nah, its more that it comes completely down to opinion. I could say that I find them dull and dated, but then you'll go on to say that they're one of the most influential/innovative musicians of all time. Which I'm not going to argue with, because its probably true, but when it comes down to it I don't enjoy listening to them.

Thats not to say they're not a good band though.
    I tend to agree. If I hadn't heard the hype for example, I wouldn't have placed them as high as everyone else rates them.

I think a few of their songs are top class but the majority don't stand out to me.

ReputationRep:
    They are an exceptional band. Truly, one of the greatest. My favourite would probably be Kashmir or Where The Levee Breaks.

ReputationRep:
    Never really listened so I couldn't say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPyramid)
    They are an exceptional band. Truly, one of the greatest. My favourite would probably be Kashmir or Where The Levee Breaks.
    When the Levee Breaks and their version of Since Ive Been Loving You from the How The West Was Won album, my two favourite songs.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Produced some of the greatest popular music of the 21st-century, yes.

ReputationRep:
    never been a big fan

ReputationRep:
    Ahh where would the world be without "since i've been loving you"??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Just kidding. Probably the best band ever. :awesome:
    Just thought I'd resurrect this thread. you scared me there before I realised it was a joke. I wish I could rep like everyone on this thread, particularly the dude who mentioned qotsa and foos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Just thought I'd resurrect this thread. you scared me there before I realised it was a joke. I wish I could rep like everyone on this thread, particularly the dude who mentioned qotsa and foos.
    laaaav QOTSA, foo fighters are pretty decent but haven't reached the stage where i'm obsessed yet.. maybe after another album or two

Hmm... my top five songs may just have to be I Can't Quit You Baby, When the Levee Breaks, Hots on For Nowhere, The Crunge aannd Tea For One? I've probably missed out something by them that's awesome, but there you go..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wish I Could Change This)
    laaaav QOTSA, foo fighters are pretty decent but haven't reached the stage where i'm obsessed yet.. maybe after another album or two

Hmm... my top five songs may just have to be I Can't Quit You Baby, When the Levee Breaks, Hots on For Nowhere, The Crunge aannd Tea For One? I've probably missed out something by them that's awesome, but there you go..
    Yeah, I am at the stage of obsession for foos. What I like about them and Led Zep is that I can just switch on any of their songs and like it. Its so hard to pick a favourite Led Zep song! Strangely enough I really like the Rain Song, and I confess I'm a Stairway to Heaven worshipper, they both have a kind of prog-rock feel to them as well. Other than that its more the fact that I can listen and like any of their songs that makes me love them; I have no real favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Yeah, I am at the stage of obsession for foos. What I like about them and Led Zep is that I can just switch on any of their songs and like it. Its so hard to pick a favourite Led Zep song! Strangely enough I really like the Rain Song, and I confess I'm a Stairway to Heaven worshipper, they both have a kind of prog-rock feel to them as well. Other than that its more the fact that I can listen and like any of their songs that makes me love them; I have no real favourites.
    Ahh fair enough TBH, those songs were picked off my epically long list of led zep songs that I've given 4/5 stars to on itunes so it's not very representative, and I totally get what you mean with being able to listen to anything by them because there's something for whatever your mood is (apart from when you're craving some really heavy metal :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Stiarway to heaven is horribly overrated. Not a bad song but not one of their best. In my time of dying and When the levee breaks are probably my fave songs. Black Dog, Immigrant song, Since i've been loving you, Custard Pie, all honourable mentions.

I kind of idolise bonham. Without him Zeppelin would have been a lot worse. Though i think as a band they combine brilliantly and without any members would be a lot worse for it but bonham especially being the best drummer ever for me

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.