Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does reluctance/shyness to talk bewteen a guy and girl indicate to you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i like this girl, but everytime we cross paths, we NEVER speak, rather just say 'hi'. I'm not sure whether she like me, but what do you this reluctance/shyness to have a conversation means?

ReputationRep:
    It means you both have crap social skills or are both shy

ReputationRep:
    From what you say, it seems as though you're shy. She could be as well, especially if she's noticed that you like her. It's hard for us to tell.

ReputationRep:
    Shy people get on my nerves :p:

ReputationRep:
    One of three things:

1. She likes you, or noticed that you like her.
    2. Your people skills need to be worked on.
    3. She is not interested in you as a person, or thinks you have nothing in common.

ReputationRep:
    one of you has to go for it or when your 76 you'll be thinking what if?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigShoes)
    I think that every day and I'm not even 76.

Your both shy and won't become friends because none of you bother to talk to each other.
    OP Why don't you just talk to this shy girl, your going to regret it if you don't. And since she's shy it's not like she's going to be horrible to you. Is she that intimidating or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigShoes)
    not really. if i dont end up with her, i'll have someone long before im 76.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Your both shy and won't become friends because none of you bother to talk to each other.
    OP Why don't you just talk to this shy girl, your going to regret it if you don't. And since she's shy it's not like she's going to be horrible to you. Is she that intimidating or something?
    like the other day, she was on her own, and she knew i was there. yet, we didn't even look at each other. sowmtimes i think our 'hi' to each other are not genuine. y'day, when she came into class, she didn't even look at me.

Trust me, i've been in a similar situation, well I had a girl in my seminar who was shy, i was shy aswell, but I actually after the first month of thinking should I say something decided what the hell and went for it. Sat next to her said hi, and the conversation just flowed.

Now we are friends, don't see each other alot, e.g. we aren't very close mates, so dating is still a possibility, i have her number, facebook, msn. She even asked me if I was single in a text once!

Just showing you what can happen, if you just get a little bit of balls and just go over man and say hi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Trust me, i've been in a similar situation, well I had a girl in my seminar who was shy, i was shy aswell, but I actually after the first month of thinking should I say something decided what the hell and went for it. Sat next to her said hi, and the conversation just flowed.

Now we are friends, don't see each other alot, e.g. we aren't very close mates, so dating is still a possibility, i have her number, facebook, msn. She even asked me if I was single in a text once!

Just showing you what can happen, if you just get a little bit of balls and just go over man and say hi.
    we have spoken, but when we next see eeach other, there's never any conversation.

(Original post by Hey TSR)
    like the other day, she was on her own, and she knew i was there. yet, we didn't even look at each other. sowmtimes i think our 'hi' to each other are not genuine. y'day, when she came into class, she didn't even look at me.
    If she looked at you all the time she would think that you thought she was a stalker watching you all the time. She doesn't want to come across as clingy.
    Why didn't you take the opportunity to talk to her when you saw her alone? :rolleyes:
    Why don't you think the "hi" was genuine?:confused: She wouldn't say "hi" if she didn't like you, she would blank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    If she looked at you all the time she would think that you thought she was a stalker watching you all the time. She doesn't want to come across as clingy.
    Why didn't you take the opportunity to talk to her when you saw her alone? :rolleyes:
    Why don't you think the "hi" was genuine?:confused: She wouldn't say "hi" if she didn't like you, she would blank you.
    I dunno why i think its not genuine. Maybe its cos we just say 'hi' and walk-on.

i don't think she would blank me even if she didn't like me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.