Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I really like taking photos and loads of people have said that I am really good at it. My school doesn't offer it for GCSE and so I haven't taken it although the college that I am thinking about going to does. Would I be able to do it? And what does the course consist of?

    You should definately be able to take it at college without the GCSE. It's probably recommended to take Art GCSE, but I doubt it's a requirement. If it is, a portfolio of some photos would be sufficient I'd expect. Not sure what it consists of, I'll leave that for someone else. Though you can check different exam boards' specifications on their sites.

    My friend is doing AS photography and she didn't do GSCE photography - so I don't see why not

    yeah that will be fine. Find a passion with the sketchbook work and that will make it more enjoyable.

University open days

  1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.