Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've always preferred the quiet peaceful sort of things to do, walks through nice big parks, along lakes, feed ducks, maybe have a picnic, go to museums, sight seeing etc....as opposed to to the loud music getting drunk club scene. It can be fun, and I go every now and again but it's not what I most like to do like it is for most.

Problem is, I'm a guy...and I've yet to find anybody who likes to do that sort of stuff, finding other guys who like this is out of the question because its gay walking through the park with your guy mates but I dont even know any girls that like this sort of stuff and so far all the girlfriends ive had like clubbing and stuff so I just go along with it.

So I was just wondering, would you like to do that sort of stuff with your bf/gf..or am I just weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always preferred the quiet peaceful sort of things to do, walks through nice big parks, along lakes, feed ducks, maybe have a picnic, go to museums, sight seeing etc....as opposed to to the loud music getting drunk club scene. It can be fun, and I go every now and again but it's not what I most like to do like it is for most.

Problem is, I'm a guy...and I've yet to find anybody who likes to do that sort of stuff, finding other guys who like this is out of the question because its gay walking through the park with your guy mates but I dont even know any girls that like this sort of stuff and so far all the girlfriends ive had like clubbing and stuff so I just go along with it.

So I was just wondering, would you like to do that sort of stuff with your bf/gf..or am I just weird?
    Haha, don't worry. I prefer the same. You're not weird.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, too.

ReputationRep:
    I like those things :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same too but also a guy...not ideal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. Yet to meet anyone else who feels the same. Too many ravers amongst us.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds quite nice to me

ReputationRep:
    I prefer that kind of thing to, except maybe the museums lol. I'd prefer to go to a pub instead of a club or somewhere with a beer garden and sit outside. Usually the only time i've been out to clubs etc with a boyfriend was for concerts or a big night out like graduation or something

You're not weird

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same too (:

ReputationRep:
    I am not the same. I think I will like these things when I am older mind. Are you more mature than me? ... Probably.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you're not alone!!! My bf wanted to take me for a walk in the snow because he loves the wintry weather lol. It didn't snow enough to warrant a walk, and he was truly gutted!

Neither of us like clubbing, and it's not something we do together - I do it with my mates very occasionally. Instead we go out for meals and things, go on holiday together, oh and he took me to see York Minster too, that was wicked. We're both into our castles/churches and stuff so we do that together too.

Keep looking for like-minded people I guess - and possibly look at slightly older girls - young girls these days are, in my experience, far less cultured than people of a slightly older generation. That said, I know loads of people my own age who just get drunk all the time, so it's worth meeting all kinds of people in the hopes of meeting someone with similar interests!

Oh my god you're like the perfect guy. Seriously though I don't think you're weired. I'm in uni, broke up with my boyfriend last month. We used to prefer nights in with a glass of wine and beer (for him), a pizza and a movie. We went out with friends sometimes at night especially for someones birthday kinda thing but we prefered the quiet life. It was nice but was a bit boring in the end I didnl;t want anything loud but I like to go to places like you were saying about parks and museums and i really like live music as well so i'd have liked to have done more things like that. Which we did do every so often but it was like a big deal to do it. You sound like you've got a good balance.

ReputationRep:
    I like the quiet things AND clubbing. I'd be happy to go clubbing with friends only if my guy didn't like it though.

ReputationRep:
    Some people just PRETEND they go out allll the time

Honestly, you do not need to worry at all OP!

Girls will love that, I promise you

ReputationRep:
    I like it too!

ReputationRep:
    You sound a LOT like my boyfriend. I don't go clubbing with him, that's wayyy more of a friends/university thing anyway IMO. We go to bars and drink with our friends but have never been properly clubbing together. We do things like go on walks, walk his dog, go on day trips travelling, laze around indoors watching films and cartoons or going on the Wii, lay in the park in summer, go to see plays, cook meals together, go to the beach near my house, go to music festivals and gigs... I'm a complete literature nerd so I've got him into a lot of the authors and poets I like, and he likes fantasy novels so he's recommended a few of those to me. We're two little geeks.

I just like being able to chill out with him. I like to go clubbing but he's really not that much of a clubbing person at all, and I'd much rather go somewhere where I can relax, especially when I'm with him since we're in an LDR now. I love him being more inclined towards bars and house parties than to stupidly loud clubs.

ReputationRep:
    You arent weird, dont worry, seems your actually probs wanting a more adult lifestyle!

Im not really into the clubbing scene, i dont mind the odd night out with good friends but generally im not too bothered! I prefer a quiet drink with friends or my boyfriend in a pub

Me and my boyfriend lead a pretty adult life, for students at uni anyway, we live together in a very nice flat outside the student area, we love cooking, so cook for each other most nights, and enjoy quiet nights in with movies or the tv, nice glass of wine or spirit mixer.... never gets boring ! We live opposite a huge park so, sometimes go for wanders around the park and also use it a lot for exercise, we do bike sprints or run around it a few times, play tennis We often have our friends round to the flat for drinks/small parties.... its all great! Our fav thing to do is go our for meals...which we do often and always treat ourselves to 3 courses and some drinks... how do we afford this? Well we save money from the not clubbing etc our money goes on nice food mainly lol

Your not weird, there is someone out there for everyone.... Mate wise, you'l probs find once you maybe start working or something... people will be more on your wavelength... or if your at uni... join some societies that maybe more fit with what you like... helps you meet people like you im sure

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, non of my guy friends are into that sort of stuff. I often go walking with my brother for that very reason (he lives in London too). I go hiking with my brothers a few times a year too.

ReputationRep:
    yes i like that

I much prefer go to zoo than a nightclub etc

I dont really like museums

I like to take my dog for walks in the snow

I really love the snow..excpet when I gotta drive places...but walking in the forest with snow and stuff its amazing

As for girls Im a pervert though..I mean I like by personal choice to go to a zoo over a nightclub but not particualry with a girl...But I guess I would as I dont go alone and I dont go with mates

tbh its quite sad but a nice sunny day alking through botanical gardens and relaxing in the sun and maybe a few glasses of wine or a bit weed with a nice girl would be pretty fun now I think about it....damn maybe I should look for a sweet nice girl..but then again sometimes its just nice to do these things alone

its ironic though i guess caue i look young and fit and sporty and dress quite 'cool' most people assum i am out clubbing and pulling girls or drinking all the time...I hate clubs/pubs though....Much more stimulating and excitign or relaxing to go to a zoo or a botanical gardens etc..

Im not a people person so why would I want to go to a place full of people? A place full of animals or nature and mystery is much more stimualting and exciting for my brain

tbh I prefer to go to a brothel than a nightclub or pub...the humans there give me more fun

But yeh it makes it weird to have a gf as its not as if I would want to do much with her..so I guess they got bored quick as I just sleep a lot and play computer make music..dont go out or converese much at all...

Also I find girls whos lifes revolve around clubs and getting drunk and partying usually boring or annoying

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame people like us don't exist in real life

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.