Turn on thread page Beta

The quiet life with your bf/gf watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If I'm going out on a night, I want to go clubbing, if I'm going for a day out, I want to do five-year-old things like climb trees and feed ducks and walk through the park hand-in-hand.

I'd love it if my boyfiend wanted to feed some ducks with me, but it's never gonna happen because he's not exactly the duck-feeding type.

ReputationRep:
    definitely I would- but I would probably also find it a problem if my boyfriend didn't want to get drunk and go clubbing- where I am I have to opposite problem to you- not enough of my friends want to go clubbing. tbh- if I had enough friends to go crazy/partying with- I would much prefer for have a boyfriend I enjoyed talking to/spending time with so in that case- someone who wants to go for walks would be fine

ReputationRep:
    I echo everyone elses opinions here that it is far more normal than you might think to like these kinds of things.

I think young people are just pressured to conform to the expected 'interests and hobbies' for our generation.. Which seem to be getting drunk, clubbing and errm.. getting drunk.

I joined that bandwagon for a while, but the effects soon wore off for both me and my boyfriend. He loves the countryside, wildlife, long walks, photography etc. so we do that most weekends and occasionally go on holidays to Scotland or Ireland to do these things and venture out wherever takes our fancy. Not really like most normal couples at all, but then we do all this and still do the conventional couple things like cuddling up watching a movie and eating pizza. We go clubbing only for special occasions like friend's birthdays or exam results celebrations. It's a good way to see people we haven't seen in a while, although this is probably because they can only ever be found in clubs.. whereas I'd much prefer a catch up over pub lunch or something a bit more civilised than a hug as you bump shoulders in a nightclub toilet :/

Having said that, people usually do 'get over' this phase or grow out of it, so maybe you just need to pitch for somebody a bit more mature right now until everyone else has finally caught up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same
    Many people will like the same things as you, it's just finding the right girl! You will in time! :yep:

I like things like that too, but I also like wild things as well. Good to have a balance.

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always preferred the quiet peaceful sort of things to do, walks through nice big parks, along lakes, feed ducks, maybe have a picnic, go to museums, sight seeing etc....as opposed to to the loud music getting drunk club scene. It can be fun, and I go every now and again but it's not what I most like to do like it is for most.

Problem is, I'm a guy...and I've yet to find anybody who likes to do that sort of stuff, finding other guys who like this is out of the question because its gay walking through the park with your guy mates but I dont even know any girls that like this sort of stuff and so far all the girlfriends ive had like clubbing and stuff so I just go along with it.

So I was just wondering, would you like to do that sort of stuff with your bf/gf..or am I just weird?
    Much like you, I'm a fan of the 'quiet life'- (maybe not so much feeding the ducks etc). Unfortunatly for you- nohomo.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I like to do those stuff 2, so you're not weird!

ReputationRep:
    i like that sort of thing too. in fact i find clubbing etc tedious. it's more spiritually fulfilling

ReputationRep:
    I would love a boyfriend like you, I love museums and art galleries and walks in the country. My ex just wanted to play video games all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have always been an inbetweener, I am 26 now and when I was 21 I loved clubbing once a week or fortnight and for me that was a lot but I liked meeting up with friends in a bar and having a single beer or a soft drink or to walk around town or go to library.

I am getting to the point now though where I kinda think I wasted my early twenties since now most of my friends are settled down but still find time for clubbing.

I just hate clubbing these days as it feels like loud screetching music and 18-21 year olds showing off(yet they cant dance or such)

ReputationRep:
    I like a bit of both.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I like the loud things. What's better than a Rusko mashup?

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss this further x

ReputationRep:
    I've always preferred the quiet peaceful sort of things to do, walks through nice big parks, along lakes, feed ducks, maybe have a picnic, go to museums, sight seeing etc....as opposed to to the loud music getting drunk club scene. It can be fun, and I go every now and again but it's not what I most like to do like it is for most.

Problem is, I'm a guy...and I've yet to find anybody who likes to do that sort of stuff, finding other guys who like this is out of the question because its gay walking through the park with your guy mates but I dont even know any girls that like this sort of stuff and so far all the girlfriends ive had like clubbing and stuff so I just go along with it.

So I was just wondering, would you like to do that sort of stuff with your bf/gf..or am I just weird?
    aww you sound like a sweetie girls love this kind of thing too, maybe your just looking in the wrong places ?
    chin up OP x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    I would love a boyfriend like you, I love museums and art galleries and walks in the country. My ex just wanted to play video games all the time.
    I'm not the OP but I have had women say this to me before or even further saying they would go out with me if they were single, then I find out a few weeks later or a bit longer they have split with their BF and got with another so obviously not really that into me since their new boyfriend is the same as their old one, i.e likes fashion and clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    I do all of the above with my boyfriend. Even feeding ducks and going to museums! We hardly ever go 'out' out, and if we do it's just to a few bars.

Anyway, point is, there are lots of girls who enjoy that kind of thing! Granted, there don't seem to be that many, but we do exist.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I do all that stuff with my bf I think you've just got to meet a girl somewhere peaceful, if you meet them in a club then it's unlikely they don't like clubs.

Stuff I do with my boyfriend (this is just everything I can recall doing with him recently off the top of my head):

Go for walks (esp in the snow)
    Go for meals
    Go to the cinema
    Watch TV
    Play board games with my parents
    Have sex
    Just chill
    Play Left4Dead with my brother over LAN
    Play Wii with my BF's family
    Chat endlessly on MSN
    Went for golf once with his family.
    Went on holiday with his family (and this summer intend to go on holiday with just him)
    Cook together
    Sit around chatting with friends

I want to try going to a party (just as an experience) with my boyfriend, but as of yet we've never been to one.
    I don't hate clubbing to the extent that I would never go... but I don't really like it - certainly not as something to do all the time. My boyfriend goes out to a lot more parties and drinks more than I do (but not to excess - that's only because I literally go to a party about once or twice in a year and only really drink on these occassions)

So.. I would say there are a lot of people like this, you're certainly not the only one for whom drinking is not hobby/social activity no.1

ReputationRep:
    I like doing that stuff too. The occasional night out is ok, but in general that kind of this bores me.

ReputationRep:
    Bring a football. Then its not gay

I realise this will mostly have to wait till the weather gets better but why dont you arrange a camping trip or beach party with your mates? Or a BBQ if you have a garden? Maybe even just a day in the park where everyone brings along food, drinks, games, guitars etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.