Turn on thread page Beta

Tell me about your City/Town! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    All this plus we have the curry mile :coma:
    The curry mile haha, china town as well.

All we need is a beach, so close Manchester was to get a beach. It was approved and everything. Building could have started. Then it got cancelled because of lack of funding and the recession.

ReputationRep:
    Walthamstow - London

Pros

Ethnic minorities are actualy the majority

Cons
    I could be here all day . Crime, litter everywhere , no cinema just utter **** basically

ReputationRep:
    Enfield, London
    theres good shopping places near
    Multicultural
    Good transport links
    Nice place to hang around with friends
    gangs
    cant really think more.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yogity)
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Cons

-Iris Robinson :P
    haha, but then you have to put sexy Kirk in the pros! He's such a babe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    lol

yeh too many ppl think they are all that. It's sad. Hoods up and think they 'bang u uppp' makes me laugh tho lol. but you do have some friendly ppl
    hahaha maybe a few bad experiences dunno?

stop dreaming of the quiet life, its one u'll never know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    haha, but then you have to put sexy Kirk in the pros! He's such a babe!
    lmao! the whole situation is slightly more amusing than it should be only in belfast!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Are we counting Saltaire as Bradford?
    It's a Bradford postcode so I probably would. Although it's so different to the rest of Bradford that it just sort of exists to make everywhere else look even worse in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    lol

yeh too many ppl think they are all that. It's sad. Hoods up and think they 'bang u uppp' makes me laugh tho lol. but you do have some friendly ppl
    Dont worry about being out in Croydon, they have ladies like this to look out for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RONUVzHApk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul PTS)
    You already know where I'm from.Let's compare my town with your town.
    1.Very historical too.Peasants invented famous wooden toy centuries ago.Now we have special Toy production institute and Toy museum.
    2.Half a million foreighn tourists per year.Several millions pilgrims and so on,nobody counts them.
    3.Schools at my town are nothing interesting.I visited 5 of about 20, when I was pupil and took part in district games among the schools.
    4.doesn't have nice restaurants,mostly expensive one for tourists,where the price in several times more of it's market cost and tourists just have nothing to do
    5. 72 km from the capital of my country.
    6. the story of our saint founder is also interesting.Most of all I like the story about black saint ghost horseriders on white blind horses.And the story about pet bear.
    7.And we have large forest swamps around,they remind your national parks.Elks,foxes and so on.
    8.We also have no cinema.It's burnt for the unknown reasons.Now there are only small cinema halls at several new big supermarkets.We also have something like your Alban Arena -Palace of Culture in the name of one of our space heroes.
    9.Although most places look nice,nobody dares to visit all of them alone at evening time.
    Novgorod wasn't it? It does sound pretty interesting... though I wouldn't eat at the tourist restaurants - wouldn't want to get ripped off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Novgorod wasn't it? It does sound pretty interesting... though I wouldn't eat at the tourist restaurants - wouldn't want to get ripped off!
    Novgorod is rather far from my town.I have never been there.I live on the border of Moscow,Yaroslavl,Vladimir,Twer counties.
    But Moscow is closer,so I study there.On the other hand I like to visit Pereslavl-Zalesskiy,Rostov the Great,Uglich at Yaroslavl county,Alexandrov at Vladimir county,Dmitrov,Hotkovo at Moscow county and so on.There are a lot of towns around with monastaries,old mediavel kremlins,museums.It's more comfortable,from Moscow they would be too far and I had to spend a lot of time at capital traffic jams and would need to look for local hotels.But if they are near and I may get in most part of them by train or by local bus and return by the same way,I don't need to book something overthere.:p: So and Moscow.:p: Nothing unusual,I got used to it like you got used to London or another city where you study.
    I'm from here,we also have a lot of sightseeings.There are a lot of Moscow residents summer cottages around.Every summer weekend they coming here,visit sightseeings,pray and buy all the food in local stores.Some people say:120000 town residents,and 500000 Moscow summer cottages around. I don't know,may be it's joke,but when they coming we have traffic jams.At the times of Soviet Union all best food was at Moscow and local called people from the country:"Hey you,paratroopers," or something like that.Cause ours had to buy big packets with rapid food every time they visited Moscow.Now the situation is another and we say:"Hey,look, again hungry Moscow came."
    http://www.rustoys.com/fist_matryoshka.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Dont worry about being out in Croydon, they have ladies like this to look out for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RONUVzHApk
    I see....good times :woo: lol

You know Croydon? :O lol

ReputationRep:
    PROS:

- Atlanta is the world headquarters of The Coca-Cola Company, AT&T Mobility, and Delta Air Lines
    - Atlanta has the country's third largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies along with Chicago inside city boundaries, and more than 75 percent of the Fortune 1000 companies have a presence in the Atlanta metropolitan area
    - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world's busiest airport
    - In 1990, Atlanta was selected as the site for the 1996 Summer Olympics - Atlanta became the third American city to host the Summer Olympics
    - Five African American mayors elected since 1973
    - Atlanta is the home of many aspiring and upcoming hip-hop artists, and major recording studios/companies such as So So Def Recordings, Grand Hustle Records, BME Recordings, Block Entertainment, Konvict Muzik, and Disturbing tha Peace
    - Diverse city with people from various backgrounds
    - Cost of living is reasonable compared to other U.S. cities
    - Temperate weather (mild fall/winter, warm spring, hot and humid summers)
    - I live here

CONS:

- Hot and humid in the summer with intense smog
    - Violent crime is one of the worst in the country
    - Very congested city with some of the worst traffic in the country
    - Too many houses and townhomes being built near interstates or very overcrowded commercial areas

Fun Song to Enjoy:

ReputationRep:
    I see....good times :woo: lol

You know Croydon? :O lol
    Indeed I do know Croydon. I grew up in S.London so spent many a evening in the delights of Croydon nightlife!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Indeed I do know Croydon. I grew up in S.London so spent many a evening in the delights of Croydon nightlife!
    The delights? :eek: Far from any delights round here anymore :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    Swindon, Wiltshire:

+Quite good transport links to Bristol and London
    +Close to the Cotswolds and the Marlborough Downs
    +Shopping's not bad with the Outlet Village
    +The speedway and ice hockey teams usually do quite well (don't mention the football)

-It's got no soul
    -It hasn't got much history
    -The council couldn't run a bunfight in a bakery so it regularly has the country's worst school or social services or health

ReputationRep:
    Martinez, Argentina
    Spoiler:
    Show

Pros:
    - One of the safest neighbourhoods in Buenos Aires
    - People are really nice
    - Quite clean and calm neighbourhood
    - The biggest shopping mall in South America is just 15 blocks from where I live:cool:
    - Lots of parks and trees, and no tall buildings

Cons:
    - A bit far away from downtown, about 25 kms
    - It's an expensive area to live in
    - Far away from uni :sigh:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.