Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Psychology
    R.E
    English Lit.
    Biology

If I get AAAA (hopefully) for all of those, do you think I will have a chance @ studying at UCL?

I'm not 100% sure that I want to go into Law, thats why I picked Biology instead of History to give me a wider career choice as I might choose to go for a Psychology degree instead.
    Thanks in advance.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You don't need history ...

No uni asks for history at A-level to do a law degree. However, if I was you I'd change R.E for history as it would be more useful in preparing you for a law degree.

ReputationRep:
    You dont need to History to study law, but whats best is if you take a couple social sciences. It's good that you have English Lit. Psychology may be viewed as an 'easy' subject if you apply for Law, but if you're considering a career in Psychology thats fine although it may impact on your chances on getting in UCL for Law. What is R.E?

ReputationRep:
    If the law schools you apply to specifically demand history, then no, you won't. If they don't demand history, yes, you will. What does the UCL law school website say? Frankly I'd be surprised if they did state it as a necessity.

ReputationRep:
    History isn't a necessity for law, but admissions tutors like to see essay subjects. You have English Literature so you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'd switch R.E. for a stronger subject such as history or chemistry/maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temperley)
    You dont need to History to study law, but whats best is if you take a couple social sciences. It's good that you have English Lit. Psychology may be viewed as an 'easy' subject if you apply for Law, but if you're considering a career in Psychology thats fine although it may impact on your chances on getting in UCL for Law. What is R.E?
    Religous Education.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.