Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Giving boy flowers for valentines day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    We've been together for nearly 3 years and I was wondering what a boy would think if he got roses for valentines day???

ReputationRep:
    I suppose they wouldn't be too fussed, but I reckon there are better gifts to get a boy.

ReputationRep:
    I think girls apprciate them more, they make a room look pretty well he might appreciate them if he is secretly gay... but it's the thought that counts.

ReputationRep:
    What have you got him previously?

ReputationRep:
    Girls appreciate roses more. Boys don't often have alot of intrest in flowers.

ReputationRep:
    You're the one whose been with him for 3 years, surely you should know better than us whether he's gay or not.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get just three roses?, as a symbol to the three years you've been together. It'll probably cheaper than a whole load - yet, if he doesn't like them, it's only three roses.

Personally, I think the male should buy the female roses but, heh what's tradition? Buy him some- if he doesn't like them stick them where to sun don't shine
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wouldn't say anything bad about it to her, but it's certainly not the best thing you can give a guy on Valentines day.

ReputationRep:
    "Oh . . . a dead plant".

ReputationRep:
    I believe it is a bad idea I wouldn´t like it

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boxman108)
    Girls appreciate roses more. Boys don't often have alot of intrest in flowers.
    It's not true that all girls appreciate flowers more. Personally, I don't like getting flowers xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi.blythe)
    We've been together for nearly 3 years and I was wondering what a boy would think if he got roses for valentines day???
    Do not give him flowers. It will make him feel awkward and he'll over-think it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Flowers are completely useless for us guys.

ReputationRep:
    Just roses alone, no. His first reaction depends on what kind of guy he is. One, he'll be surprised, not many or people we know that girls give guys roses, doesn't say you can't, its just rare. Two, its nice because its somewhat unique from what majority do and its special. Who cares what others things, love is endless imaginations techniques.

Just a roses alone, well..i'm not saying a box of chocolate will be a compliment with it, which it does but, as a guy, i suppose a roses with a tag car on it, maybe asking him out on a date tonight at the location, time, dress code.

Eating out together and sharing laughters and smile is the best thing guy can have. So yeah, 3 years going out, take my idea into account. Everyone will envy your boyfriend, hes got a date with you, something he can boast about to his mates.

Guys love to boast on valentines day. Well my friends do

ReputationRep:
    go for it - sure perfume/chocolates/vouchers would be nice but breaking the boundaries a little never hurts. It's only valentines day which is really just a big money-making event for clinton cards. Everyday should be special.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend it honey, unless you think he'd really really like them? Sorry for being a bit useless, but he'd probably prefer something a bit less decorative and a bit more edible/gadgety

ReputationRep:
    Does he like flowers?

ReputationRep:
    He'd dump you.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the individual, but i doubt he'd like it, personally, i'd chuck them in the bin when you left.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.