Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Application inquiry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

May I ask you something? I sent my UCAS application on 11 Jan, but so far, I only received acknowledgement letters from 3 Uni. Other uni ,which are Nottingham and Southampton, have not replied anything yet to my application. I was wondering if this was due to their administration policy, or because of the snow storm so they decided to delay everything ?:confused:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You only sent your application off 5 days ago; some universities take a little longer to acknowledge and you've got to realise that they'll be receiving many, many applications due to the deadline so they may not have seen yours yet; don't worry, it'll be there!

ReputationRep:
    It can take some unis a very long time to get back to you. Don't worry about it, and remember to check UCAS online as well as looking for letters.

ReputationRep:
    One thing. Do you know how long dose it usually take for uni to make an offer? And how are they going to notify us? through email or UCAS track?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trungnguyen)
    One thing. Do you know how long dose it usually take for uni to make an offer? And how are they going to notify us? through email or UCAS track?

Thanks
    Most of this information is available here on TSR or on university websites.

It really depends on the university how long it will take them to reply to your application. Nottingham have given out very, very few offers for Law so far, and have said in acknowledgements that they will start sending out replies after the January deadline, to ensure a gathered field for all applicants. They'll get back to you before the end of February, other than that it could be any time.

An offer/rejection will come through on UCAS Track, but you'll get an email at either 12 or 5pm from UCAS informing you that your status has changed.

ReputationRep:
    Haha you know I have a friend who applied to KCL to study linguistic, and she got an offer from them straight away just after 5 days. I was really amazed when I heard that from her. Imagine if it was the same for law course, it would be marvelous.

ReputationRep:
    hey so do you think that i should email those uni and ask why i still havn't received any acknowledge letters from them? Becus since people in my year started to get offers (some from Manchester, KCL and Birmingham), i began to feel kind of worried.

ReputationRep:
    No. Some places don't even bother to ever send an acknowledgement, others can take ages.

ReputationRep:
    are u sure? does it also apply to nott and southamp?

ReputationRep:
    These are extremely inane questions...who knows? No one here (I assume) is an admissions tutor. Just wait like everyone has to (or has had to). If you're worried show some initiative and phone them up. If some universities are acknowledging you, I assume that everyone has received your application.

ReputationRep:
    true. thanks man

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.