Turn on thread page Beta

Allergic to Penicillin? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin101)
    yeah its normal to get small bumps, getting something as big as was described is not a normal reaction!
    Meh, I get at least one excessive reaction to insect bites a year. Some people are more sensitive than others to them, but it doesn't make you anaphylactic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Meh, I get at least one excessive reaction to insect bites a year. Some people are more sensitive than others to them, but it doesn't make you anaphylactic.
    He wasn't saying It makes me anaphylactic. You can still have an allergy with symptoms that arent life threatening.
    I was out there for 10 weeks and everyday would get between 2-5 big bites and counted up to 20 smaller ones and even though other people suffered a lot with the bites they only had small ones mine were HUGE.
    Towards the end even the anti histamine tablets weren't working and I had to go to 'prompt care' and was given steriods to take for 7 days. It was horrible, glad we don't have them in this country however I do planning on moving abroad one day to Australia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    He wasn't saying It makes me anaphylactic. You can still have an allergy with symptoms that arent life threatening.
    I was out there for 10 weeks and everyday would get between 2-5 big bites and counted up to 20 smaller ones and even though other people suffered a lot with the bites they only had small ones mine were HUGE.
    Towards the end even the anti histamine tablets weren't working and I had to go to 'prompt care' and was given steriods to take for 7 days. It was horrible, glad we don't have them in this country however I do planning on moving abroad one day to Australia!
    I wasn't saying you weren't allergic. Just that it's not particularly unusual.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't saying you weren't allergic. Just that it's not particularly unusual.

well its not that common either. Yes its normal to have redness and swelling but mine was the size of my whole thigh. Out of 59 staff I was the only one who had reactions like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    well its not that common either. Yes its normal to have redness and swelling but mine was the size of my whole thigh. Out of 59 staff I was the only one who had reactions like that.
    Meh, never mind, it's really not worth my getting involved in this.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, never mind, it's really not worth my getting involved in this.

:yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.