Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to say which school but Im going for an entrance exam and they're going to give 4 exams in the subjects I have chosen to do at A-level.
    I have chosen
    Maths
    Economics
    Politics
    History

How can I practise for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    That's funny, I'm doing nearly all the same next year, except geography instead of history!!

For the subjects you are doing currently make sure you know your GCSE work well, and for the others, do a little bit of reading up on some current affairs etc, a good book you could have a look at is 'What on Earth is going on?' That's helpful.

Otherwise, I guess just chill about them, cos they might be more on reasoning etc, if you haven't studied them before.

ReputationRep:
    thats a bit mean, how do they expect you to do an economics exam if uve never done the subject before....
    well not really sure how to study for them if its just an extenstion from gcse, the just go over ur gcse stuff again? or see if they have past papers available?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing economics for GCSE

ReputationRep:
    oh right they didnt offer it when i did my gcses

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.