Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Adhsur - you are as entitled to anyone to have an opinion even Tek!
    Don't take what he says seriously. He is renowned for being a bit of a bully who will not let a matter drop in an intelligent and mature manner. Give him a chance to 'season' a bit - he will learn to discuss in a more grown-up way when he is a little older. He is just taking longer to develop than most of his age. He tries to win his point by being repetitive

ReputationRep:
    Is it not completely immature on your own part to initiate this kind of unwarrented comment? This is just a bad reflection on you as a character. I put it to you that you have never won a debating competition in your life - so don't make obscure references about 'points' - and your post here only serves to highlight your immaturity, not mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Is it not completely immature on your own part to initiate this kind of unwarrented comment? This is just a bad reflection on you as a character. I put it to you that you have never won a debating competition in your life - so don't make obscure references about 'points' - and your post here only serves to highlight your immaturity, not mine.
    I don't enter competitions as I don't seek accolades to prove anything to myself or others.
    I just find your posts rather tiresome in their predictable tenaciousness come what may.
    Whilst you might win a debating competition because the opposing view is even weaker than yours, you really need to come on a lot to compete with serious contenders.
    Advice:-
    Don't labour your points, expand on them.
    Respect the opposing opinion.
    Use persuasion rather than relentlessly repeating yourself.
    Your posts do sometimes remind me of a child wanting something and on being old they can't have it, keep demanding the same thing.
    I will try to end on a positive note.
    I do sometimes agree with your fresh opinions but find myself irked when you keep on and on and on

ReputationRep:
    Yes, either you don't need accolades to prove how good you are or you're just so bad that you could never win anything anyway (I suspect the latter).

Your immaturity is just beyond belief: talk about 'respecting the opposition' - when have you ever shown respect to me (take this thread for example)? Talk about letting points go in an 'intelligent and mature manner' - well did you let this point drop? No! Conclusion - you are both an idiot and a hypocrite.

There was no need to bring anyone's attention to this thread and your doing so has only highlighted your hypocritical attitude to members of the board. Just so you know (you probably won't beacuse you're not very mature), a private message might have been a better route to go down.

Your behaviour on this thread has just quite frankly been disgusting and I put it to you, Sir, that it is you who needs to mature somewhat!

ReputationRep:
    Gosh people calm down! Yawn it is ever so nice for you to make this thread to defend me, but I guess I didn't want to carry on what I thought was a mature discussion but what "some" people claimed was insulting.

As for Tek, this thread clearly shows that he just wants to argue feebly against anyone who opposes him or his views. Just give up Tek.

ReputationRep:
    Explain why I should not defend myself if someone insults me in the ways which yawn1 has done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Explain why I should not defend myself if someone insults me in the ways which yawn1 has done.
    I don't think yawn was insulting you but pointing out that everyone has a right to their own opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is allowed to state their own opinions as long as they dont actively encourage or incite hatred or discrimination against a group of people. Maybe Tek has a point.

Oh yeah and Tek, u are not debating at the moment, you dont need to sound like such a ponce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Everyone is allowed to state their own opinions as long as they dont actively encourage or incite hatred or discrimination against a group of people. Maybe Tek has a point.

Oh yeah and Tek, u are not debating at the moment, you dont need to sound like such a ponce.
    I wasn't inciting hatred at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I wasn't inciting hatred at all.

discrimination? against Durham students for being rejects (what a horrible word)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think yawn was insulting you but pointing out that everyone has a right to their own opinions.
    If you can't see the obvious insult's contained in his / her post then you're quite blind to the truth Adhsur, and as a moderator I would have expected you to be impartial to these kinds of personal disputes. I'm actually quite disappointed in you - first of all you close down one thread because you didn't want to have an argument about your classification of Durham and then you agree with another member when they insult me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    discrimination? against Durham students for being rejects (what a horrible word)
    I was only saying there are a lot of OXBRIDGE rejects...that doesn't mean they're not highly intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    If you can't see the obvious insult's contained in his / her post then you're quite blind to the truth Adhsur, and as a moderator I would have expected you to be impartial to these kinds of personal disputes. I'm actually quite disappointed in you - first of all you close down one thread because you didn't want to have an argument about your classification of Durham and then you agree with another member when they insult me.
    I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that! Shall I delete this thread?

ReputationRep:
    I was only saying there are a lot of OXBRIDGE rejects...that doesn't mean they're not highly intelligent.
    still classing them as rejects

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that! Shall I delete this thread?
    "As for Tek, this thread clearly shows that he just wants to argue feebly against anyone who opposes him or his views. Just give up Tek."

No, thanks, I don't just 'give up' and close / delete threads like you do when you don't want to justify something you've said.

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* Ok whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    still classing them as rejects
    don't eat me for this, but technically they have been rejected. can you think of a better word?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    :confused: How is this thread about Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    don't eat me for this, but technically they have been rejected. can you think of a better word?

lou xxx
    Don't get sucked in to this argument!! I did and now it's giving me a headache. For once and for all I was not wanting to offend anyone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx
    hmm, refused, rebuffed, declined, snubbed ,discarded

losers?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.