Turn on thread page Beta

How can I make my thighs less...gross? (Pics) watch

ReputationRep:
    I know they are horrendous and disgustingly large. (The photo actually seems to have taken some of the fat off - it looks a lot worse in real life). Do you reckon they are mainly fat or a bit of muscle as well? For the record, I am short as well (5'1) so they make me look even shorter because they stick out at the saddlebags. I'm sure they wouldn't be as bad on someone with longer legs but since I'm really short, they just look silly to be honest. (Dress size is around 10 if it helps). Also my feet are only a size 4 which just emphasizes my thighs. My calves, I think, I can pass off for muscley but my thighs definitely can't . How on earth do I make them into a normal shape? They look like a 50 year olds except with less cellulite :cry2: I'm going on a holiday with my friends in April and I want to know if you would notice that my thighs are way bigger than everyone elses or would most people just worry about themselves to notice anyone else :confused:. Also, would you ever be attracted to a girl with thighs this big?
    Advice would be great please!

(The attachments below are shown in the spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Edit: Picture posted later to see how legs are in proportion to rest of body:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    They're not as bad as you think

I would suggest cycling. Don't walk or take the bus, cycle. It works wonders. There is no miracle cure for making legs look better.

Google Rosemary Conley's hip and thigh diet, she's very motivational.

ReputationRep:
    Bless you, you really do not need to worry as much as you are!
    they are very normal, and tbh, those other people won't notice....they;ll be too wrapped up in worrying about their own bodies
    Just do exercise and reduce your portion sizes if you really want to lose weight...remember that the first 10 minutes is the toughest bit! But you will end up with lots more confidence.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for saying they aren't as bad as I think but they do honestly look quite bad . Especially with todays fashion centralizing on skinny, long legged girls

ReputationRep:
    If you're self conscious about it, yeah just do running or cycling at a gym

ReputationRep:
    You can't just 'spot loose' fat, but you can tone up areas of your body and lose weight.

I would recommend doing atleast an hour of cardio a week (20 on monday, 20 on wednesday, 20 on friday). Also try and work out your legs a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think they are that bad tbh you probably just see yourself differentley, i think most of us do :o:
    if you want to try and trim down dont do a yoyo diet or anything, just join a gym and use the cycle machiene/treadmill or go running/cycling
    nike have a sale on at the mo, (im getting my new sport stuff :woo: )

anyways goodluck

ReputationRep:
    I guess I should do more exercise. I have actually been through stages of running everyday but I can't remember how much that helped my thighs. I do a bit of sport anyway but yeah I should probably do more supplementary exercise. How much cycling would I need to do because I often cycle everyday in the summer with my dad for about half an hour (our area is hilly as well) but I never see a change in my body shape?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly honey they are not as bad as you think!
    Do you want to lose weight or just tone up?
    For exercise, try lunges, running or going for a morning/afternoon jog and just walking around more. You could also join a gym, if you have the money as you will have access to more machines that will help tone and define (as well as the staff to show you the best ways).
    Hope that helps?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatblondegirl)
    Honestly honey they are not as bad as you think!
    Do you want to lose weight or just tone up?
    For exercise, try lunges, running or going for a morning/afternoon jog and just walking around more. You could also join a gym, if you have the money as you will have access to more machines that will help tone and define (as well as the staff to show you the best ways).

Hope that helps?
    xx
    I hate the way people use the word "toning".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinRocks)
    You can't just 'spot loose' fat, but you can tone up areas of your body and lose weight.
    What Martin said: you can't (say a lot of experts) lose fat from specific areas of your body (spot-loss) by doing exercises in that area. IE you won't lose fat just from your legs if you cycle lots.

To lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit: burn more calories than you consume. Either do that by exercising more or eating less.

You've got 10 weeks until April. A 2lb/week loss would be 1.5 stone by the time you go on holiday. That's totally doable if you cut out the crap in your diet and get sweaty a few times a week .

ReputationRep:
    that description has got me.....love girls with large thighs:cool:

ReputationRep:
    We really need a photo of your whole body to put the thighs in perspective. From what i can see they are not terrible.

A sensible diet and some solid exercise (someone reccommended cycling - this is a very good idea) would do wonders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    She is on the right track though.

If you do want to train:

-Cardio and HIIT training to loose fat: running, cycling, skipping, swimming, crosstrainer etc can be used for this
    -Lunges and squats are great for that area, and cable/machine adductions for the opposite side of your leg. This will shape the muscle underneath the fat you're losing.

ReputationRep:
    there honestly not bad!
    I know a lot of people with larger legs and they all think there gods gift!
    If you do feel you want to loose a bit more, i also suggest like other people have said cycle, works wonders. But do it quite regularly

ReputationRep:
    Squat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    A great way to lose fat around the thigh area is to have sex, but you do more/most/all of the work.

so when should we start?...
    :mmm:
    Lol you sure you want a go with my thighs? You'd be crushed! :laugh:

(Original post by Bslforever)
    We really need a photo of your whole body to put the thighs in perspective. From what i can see they are not terrible.

A sensible diet and some solid exercise (someone reccommended cycling - this is a very good idea) would do wonders.
    Um...now attached (I think).
    Short and stumpy yeah? :laugh:
    When the temperatures start making it into the positive numbers I'll need to dust that bicycle lol :p:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyoyo558)
    Lol you sure you want a go with my thighs? You'd be crushed! :laugh:
    I would happily oblige

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Can't comment on excercise routines, but I will comment, as someone who has a verrry similar body shape to you, that that bikini shape isnt flattering at all on curvy thighs.
    Getting a "shorts" cut or "boyleg" cut on swimmies is so much more flattering on our thighs, as they smooth over the really curvy bit just below the hip, and emphasize the bum that comes with curvy hips

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.