The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PearlyWhites
You have a great figure! Maybe you're not used to hanging around with other curvy girls-which would explain why you feel fat. You're legs are nice. If you want to tone them, I can only suggest walking at a fast pace. That's how i maintain toned legs with minimal effort.

Lol yeah all my friends all taller than me with longer, thinner legs :p: I go to an all-girl school and, literally, almost everyone is gorgeous grr lol. I don't mind being short now but a couple of years ago I used to really get loads of crap about it which made me unconfident about my short stubby legs lol. Unfortunately, not unconfident enough to lose the weight haha :laugh:
I agree, walking is good :smile: I need to do more :biggrin: After my Bronze Duke of Edingburgh I came home expecting my thighs to have lost all the fat because of how much they hurt lol :lol: They were still the same size though :rolleyes: I'm doing Silver this year though so maybe that will help me on my quest for slimmer thighs :p:

Mr.Singh
Oh my, I love legs like that.. so sexy to have something on ur legs instead of being sticks attached to the body...

Lol I wish more people were like you...:laugh:

ipulledhermione
WTF - your legs are GORGEOUS! Especially their shape - ******* gorgeous! and size wise they are good to!

You have FIT/TONED MUSCULAR legs, if you want to tone them further DONT LISTEN TO THE **** ABOUT DOING CARDIO!!! I have legs just like yours (even bigger) and NOTHING WORKED to make them smaller, i was even told that legs are one thing you cant change!!! but I did change mine.

SLOW SQUATTING AND LUNGES- V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y (thats just to add effect to the slowness :P)

and when you do squats do like half squats and then after whatever many youve done stay in the half squated position AND FEEL THE PAIN of your muscles breaking down.

also before food and bedtime HAVE HONEY OR fruit because the have a one to one fructose glucose ratio which will FUEL YOUR LIVER and help you break down muscle and also stop you putting on any wieght from the food your eating.

im prolly not explaining this well - BUTIT WORKS

WATCH THIS VIDEO - its by MIKE McInnes - my ex-employer, he works at the forfront of this new study and he will explain it better!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c1lbfhPLeM

I'm surprised by the number of people who are saying they have similar thighs to me :p: I always thought mine were very different from others and have never been able to find someone with similar thighs (in real life and on Google, etc) :s-smilie:. So did the honey thing work for you? :smile:
Reply 41
yoyoyo558
Lol I wish more people were like you...:laugh:

I think girls get the wrong impression of what their bodies 'should' be like. example is 99%of men would chose beyonce over kate moss, or that is what I think. All my male friends find curvy girls way way more atractive than stick thin. And anyways its Personality that counts :smile: x
You have a really nice waist. Its ok don't worry about it.
Reply 43
I used to hate my thighs but now i quite like them :smile: lol they used to be flabby but now there toned :biggrin: (apart from the inside of them which im working on :lol: ) anyways try swimming:smile: do breaststoke legs but on your back, and try keep your head above the water like i mean right out of the water.. i hope ye understand its hard to explain haha :lol: you could do a bit of dancing around the house, this tones:smile: and as someone before said squats! there great:smile: and ice skating too :wink: this tones your thighs and bum :smile:
Also if your not happy at the beach try a pair of like pijama shorts the same colour as your bikini or a diff it doesnt matter:smile:.. this is what i do when im not happy with my thighs haha it makes your bum show off more in a good way :wink:
Try some Yoga. I love barbara curries book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-minute-Yoga-Workouts-Power-Tone/dp/0007129610/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263746411&sr=8-8

she also has a few dvd's this book has a thigh specific 10min workout. It does make a difference when I was doing yoga once a week I had people complementing me on looking slimmer even though I hadn't dropped a pound!!

Personally though cycling does tone up the thighs, it also builds the mucsle, so I feel it makes my thighs wider (but thats just me though - my thighs are very toned. muscle definition and everything. (I bike alot :P )
Reply 45
i'm 5'1 tooooo :biggrin: LOL ..

Ok personally, i dont think it looks bad at all! There's different types of body shapes and you're curvyyyy ;] Its a good thing.. i'm quite big around the thighs too.. My sister ALWAYS tells me "you're not fat.. your curvyy!". But i can understand if you wanna tone up the thighs when going on a holiday, you dont need to lose weight so dont overdue yourself on the exercise! Curves are noiiice! trust meeee.. i agree with rainbowbex - yoga is PERFECT :smile:
Reply 46
OP, I think your legs are fine!. My body shape is almost exactly like yours, legs included, I"m small ( 5ft) and curvy too.:smile:
Reply 47
Mr.Singh
I think girls get the wrong impression of what their bodies 'should' be like. example is 99%of men would chose beyonce over kate moss, or that is what I think. All my male friends find curvy girls way way more atractive than stick thin. And anyways its Personality that counts :smile: x

I wish guys like you existed in my life. :daydreaming:
Your thighs aren't horrible!
They're not skinny/slim but they're just normal

I'm doing rosemary conley, she has a hip and thigh diet if that's the area you want to tackle though
SiaSiaSia

I'm doing rosemary conley, she has a hip and thigh diet if that's the area you want to tackle though

Is the rosemary conley diet good? I'm considering starting that..
Reply 50
SiaSiaSia

This I gotta see. Wait, don't tell me, certain foods make fat accumulate in your hips and thighs, right?
Reply 51
Do you do any exercise?
Reply 52
LC_x
I used to hate my thighs but now i quite like them :smile: lol they used to be flabby but now there toned :biggrin: (apart from the inside of them which im working on :lol: ) anyways try swimming:smile: do breaststoke legs but on your back, and try keep your head above the water like i mean right out of the water.. i hope ye understand its hard to explain haha :lol: you could do a bit of dancing around the house, this tones:smile: and as someone before said squats! there great:smile: and ice skating too :wink: this tones your thighs and bum :smile:
Also if your not happy at the beach try a pair of like pijama shorts the same colour as your bikini or a diff it doesnt matter:smile:.. this is what i do when im not happy with my thighs haha it makes your bum show off more in a good way :wink:

Lol darn I used to do a lot of ice skating but had to quit because it was too far away and took up to much time :frown: I wish I could start again but don't have enough timeee! :laugh: I might see if I can do some during the holidays. I'll definitely try and get to a swimming pool on weekends though. I used to go swimming quite often with my friend but we stopped after a bit because we got too busy lol. I'll see if she wants to get back into that :smile: Thank you!

Kash:)
Do you do any exercise?

Lol are my thighs that bad? :p:
Yes I do some martial arts and climbing (although these are more social haha) and occasional running on my treadmill (which does work me out since I'm on my own) lol but trying to get that up to 3 times a week :p:
This is what I wish my fitness timetable could look like:
Mon: Break
Tue: Martial arts
Wed: Run
Thur: Climbing
Fri: Run
Sat: Break or some other activity to fill up the time - often cycling in the summer
Sun: Run
I could achieve this but the problem is lack of time as I do an after school club every day and sometimes only get home by 8/9 o clock. I have to run in the mornings at 6 for a half hour so that I can wash my hair (takes me half an hour lol) and can be ready for my bus that comes at 7:30 :p: I get home on average at 5 and then go to the club/lesson/volunteer place so with my schedule I miss out on a lot of sleep and that's the reason my running is 'occasional' because I end up sleeping in until 6:45 often and can't get ready for a run, then run, shower and get ready for school after that lol.

SiaSiaSia

I heard you only get 1200 calories a day which I'm not sure is very healthy? Would it just be temporary weight loss that way? Or would the fat stay off?

nellydee
I wish guys like you existed in my life. :daydreaming:

Oh my gosh, you come from the marshall islands? What's it like there? :smile:
Reply 53
Your legs look fine to me. They could be a hell of a lot worse. Mine are the same sort of shape as yours but bigger and riddled with cellulite :frown:

Just follow the exercise/diet advice already given and it should work. That's what I intend to do :smile:
yoyoyo558
I heard you only get 1200 calories a day which I'm not sure is very healthy? Would it just be temporary weight loss that way? Or would the fat stay off?

lol 1200 calories a day?!
for the first week i think it was 1500 calories...

then every single week after that it's been.. idk. normal. you don't really count calories.. well i don't, and i've been slimmer of the week twice!

KelZee
Your legs look fine to me. They could be a hell of a lot worse. Mine are the same sort of shape as yours but bigger and riddled with cellulite :frown:

ditto!
but mine are far larger as well
Reply 55
yoyoyo558
Oh my gosh, you come from the marshall islands? What's it like there? :smile:

You've heard of them?! wow!
Yeah it's pretty awesome here, lovely weather and we always get beautiful sunsets.
The coral reefs and stuff are awesome if you're a scuba diver.
Nice beaches too with loaaads of sexy topless men. :wink:

ALso, seriously don't do anything to your thighs.
I think they're awesome... hand on heart (especially from the last pic)
:awesome:
Reply 56
nellydee
You've heard of them?! wow!
Yeah it's pretty awesome here, lovely weather and we always get beautiful sunsets.
The coral reefs and stuff are awesome if you're a scuba diver.
Nice beaches too with loaaads of sexy topless men. :wink:

ALso, seriously don't do anything to your thighs.
I think they're awesome... hand on heart (especially from the last pic)
:awesome:

Sounds like heaven :daydreaming: :biggrin: No I hadn't heard of it actually. I saw the flag on your...name bar thing lol (don't know what it's called) and it looked like a cool flag so I checked and it said 'Marshall Islands' :smile: Quick Google showed me an amazing beach and I was like :eek: :laugh:

An island with lots of sexy topless men :coma: :moon: :daydreaming: :laugh:
Lol do any of the girls on these beaches have thighs like mine? I just feel so self conscious about them because I don't know anyone with a body like mine (half hourglass/half pear and a bit of random as well lol :p:). I don't remember the last time I've shown my thighs in public haha and I'll need to get past this if I'm going on a beach holiday in April :p:
Reply 57
yoyoyo558
I guess I should do more exercise. I have actually been through stages of running everyday but I can't remember how much that helped my thighs. I do a bit of sport anyway but yeah I should probably do more supplementary exercise. How much cycling would I need to do because I often cycle everyday in the summer with my dad for about half an hour (our area is hilly as well) but I never see a change in my body shape? :s-smilie:

whats your inside leg length (measured from floor to where your eg ends on the inside? They might just look short because they are fairly big, a side on pic would reveal the truth but Im sounding lik a perv.

I think the best thing is to accept them, you have a good upper body
Reply 58
Riddy
whats your inside leg length (measured from floor to where your eg ends on the inside? They might just look short because they are fairly big, a side on pic would reveal the truth but Im sounding lik a perv.

I think the best thing is to accept them, you have a good upper body

Well the jeans I buy in stores are around 30" but I like them a little longer so I'm probably a 28/29" insde leg? My legs look almost normal side on haha. It's just front on they protrude from all directions :p:
Reply 59
Wow, I thought people on TSR were supposed to be nice lol, alot of arguing going on in this thread :s-smilie:.
Anyway to the thread starter: As people have mentioned above, good old cardio. :smile:
I've also heard that yoga/pilates are good too.

Latest