Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In the summer, I like to wear shorts and skirts and stuff, but usually my legs are so milky white, even after applications of holiday skin lotion and stuff.
    I'm just wondering, would I still get a tan on my legs if I wore skin coloured tights instead of black/coloured ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    In the summer, I like to wear shorts and skirts and stuff, but usually my legs are so milky white, even after applications of holiday skin lotion and stuff.
    I'm just wondering, would I still get a tan on my legs if I wore skin coloured tights instead of black/coloured ones?
    Are you asking if you can get a tan whilst wearing tights?! :confused:

Yes.. Because they're clear. So .. yeah haha

ReputationRep:
    Use fake tan. It has bad PR but it's a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Well...I don't really know the science behind it but i'm sure UV rays would be able to make their way through skin coloured tights as the denier is so low. However, the best thing to do is fake tan until they just look a NORMAL skin colour (don't go dark tanned; nothing looks worse than a pale body and miraculously tanned legs) then slap on a sun cream, get your legs out and lessen the spf until you have a tan

ReputationRep:
    yeah you should be able to get a tan through tights as they are clear

ReputationRep:
    Nothing worse than the clear tights, so obvious you're wearing them.

Just invest in fake tan not the rubbish holiday skin.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.