Turn on thread page Beta

Excess skin from large weight loss. Any tips to get rid of it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello every one,

Christmas 2008 I decided I really needed to loose weight. I at that time was weighing in at 16 stone 12 pounds but I am now weighing 9 Stone 13 pounds loosing just shy of 7 Stone in under a year. Anyway, as a result of this I have some loose skin around my stomach.

Has any one got any tips for getting rid of this? I also want to ask, being a 5 foot 10 inch male is 9 Stone 13 Pounds to skinny for me?

Thanks

Harry

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on losing the extra weight, that's an amazing achievement!!
    i think applying vitamin E oil to your stomach may help as well as doing some crunches too.
    Give it time, if that doesn't work there's always the option of surgery to remove the excess skin.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say your current weight is too skinny, but a few extra pounds wouldn't do any harm.

I'm 5 foot 9 and just over 10 stone. I could probably do with a bit more weight but it's not urgent, same as you I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Surgery (abdominoplasty, aka tummy-tuck) will get rid of it. From what I've read, most of the advice recommends waiting until you've done a year or two at maintenance weight before opting for surgery. That gives you time to let your skin recover a bit as well as proving to yourself and the surgeon that you're not going to yo-yo back to 16 stone.

Read this: http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/...php?itemid=531

(Congrats on your loss.)

ReputationRep:
    Suppose you could bulk up and do some compounds with heavy free weights...

How did you go about losing the weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superturtle)
    Hello every one,

Christmas 2008 I decided I really needed to loose weight. I at that time was weighing in at 16 stone 12 pounds but I am now weighing 9 Stone 13 pounds loosing just shy of 7 Stone in under a year. Anyway, as a result of this I have some loose skin around my stomach.

Has any one got any tips for getting rid of this? I also want to ask, being a 5 foot 10 inch male is 9 Stone 13 Pounds to skinny for me?

Thanks

Harry
    Not sure of your age, so it's worth mentioning, if you've still got some growing to do, that may help. I am however interested in the answers having had a similar experience to you, losing 5 stone in a year, and about 6 months on, not noticing much of a change "skin" wise.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.